Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
As well as the incoming, I would like to see some of the surplus players moving on. Has there been any news on Niasse, McGeady, Mcarthy, Robles, etc.
There have been bits on Del and that will not be resolved until July.
These are all players drawing a wage but not contributing.

I appreciate they play different positions, but that's more than City are asking for Iheanacho. I would tell Swansea "Cheerio!" and move on.

Look at where our squad is currently weak:

Bolasie out until Christmas;
Lennon out until who knows when;
McGeady out in a week (hopefully);
Deulofeu possibly out in the near future;
Valencia returning to WHU;
Kone out on a free;
Niasse hopefully out shortly;
McAllen off to Fleetwood July 1st;
Lukaku presumably leaving;
Does anyone seriously expect anything from Tarashaj or Rodriguez?

We have Mirallas, Lookman and DCL. That's it. We need multiple players in, and quickly. Sandro is a must-have, and I'd like to see Celtic's Dembele AND Iheanacho come in as well - I'd say they are more important than Sigurdsson at this point because they all fit better in a 433 than Sigurdsson does, and I think 433 is the way we should be going.

Lukaku is a big concern obviously. Bolasie will contribute after Christmas.

Valencia was a sub. Deulofeu, Lennon and McGeady offered little to the team. Kone, Niasse, McAleny and Tarashaj are not PL quality. Rodriguez is a League 2 player.

I literally don't care what Sigurdsson costs. Or any player for that matter.

Do they makes us better? Good, get them in. Money in football is completely broken, the days of worrying about fees and wages are long gone. Just concentrate on building a team and a squad.

The only issue with sig is his age and he got no pace. 25 mil but 40 mil.

We still have a lot of business to be doing. Centre half and another striker perhaps 2. Sigurdsson id take but only if Ross leaves. Think we are also badly lacking pace in the wide areas.

Bolasie may never recover
DCL doesn't seem like a winger to me
Mirralles never go consistent
Del boy isn't to Koeman taste

More importantly Rom and Ross situation needs sorting. We will be lucky to get 90m for the pair never mind Rom. Them snides Spurs are just waiting to pounce 5 mins before the deadline.

I appreciate they play different positions, but that's more than City are asking for Iheanacho. I would tell Swansea "Cheerio!" and move on.

Look at where our squad is currently weak:

Bolasie out until Christmas;
Lennon out until who knows when;
McGeady out in a week (hopefully);
Deulofeu possibly out in the near future;
Valencia returning to WHU;
Kone out on a free;
Niasse hopefully out shortly;
McAllen off to Fleetwood July 1st;
Lukaku presumably leaving;
Does anyone seriously expect anything from Tarashaj or Rodriguez?

We have Mirallas, Lookman and DCL. That's it. We need multiple players in, and quickly. Sandro is a must-have, and I'd like to see Celtic's Dembele AND Iheanacho come in as well - I'd say they are more important than Sigurdsson at this point because they all fit better in a 433 than Sigurdsson does, and I think 433 is the way we should be going.

Sigurdsson would play the role Barkley has (or compete with him, ideally I reckon) in that 4-3-3.

Not really a winger, but the playmaker who is given freedom to roam.

If he does come in, I do think Ross will he gone.

We still have a lot of business to be doing. Centre half and another striker perhaps 2. Sigurdsson id take but only if Ross leaves. Think we are also badly lacking pace in the wide areas.

Bolasie may never recover
DCL doesn't seem like a winger to me
Mirralles never go consistent
Del boy isn't to Koeman taste

More importantly Rom and Ross situation needs sorting. We will be lucky to get 90m for the pair never mind Rom. Them snides Spurs are just waiting to pounce 5 mins before the deadline.

We're doing it.

Sigurdsson would play the role Barkley has (or compete with him, ideally I reckon) in that 4-3-3.

Not really a winger, but the playmaker who is given freedom to roam.

If he does come in, I do think Ross will he gone.

i want the x-mas tree formation with sandro/barkley and siggurdson in behind luaku or whomever his replacement is.

Pickford
Coleman Williams New CB Baines
Gueye/Davies Snides Klassen
Sandro/Barkley Siggurdsson
Lukaku
Those two can then drfit wider as well as klassen making runs from deeper to join as a front 4. 4/5 wingers also in the squad for varying formations as well.

I JUST LOVE THE CHRISTMAS TREE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back