Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look, its like this, we overpaid for Bolasie, we overpaid for Williams, we overpaid for Pickford, but the gaffer wanted them in and we got them, this new Ev, it cares not for your transfer fees, they are just numbers on a spreadsheet, so we as a fanbase need to get out of our plucky little Ev mindset, this is New Ev and New Ev spaffs its load all over the place.

If the gaffer wants Sigi, get him in, money is no object, Everton 2k17.
We are billionaires, cost is nothing.

Even at 30 million(which seems to be the going rate these days)I'd take him for his output assists and set pieces wise, but I would prefer another playmaker who gets more involved as well.Sig strikes me as a player who flits in and out of games producing a moment of quality, two or three times a game.I would like an upgrade on Barkley someone who is central to our play but has flair and a through ball.But maybe in Koeman's 433 there won't be room.Sig will operate off the left drifting in centrally.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...atest-evertons-move-gylfi-sigurdsson-13236745

And, although chairman Huw Jenkins last week refused to place a value on the attacking midfielder who he described as “priceless”, it is known Everton would need to go well beyond the £30m mentioned in the latest reports to have any chance of forcing the issue.

Club sources have in indicated there is no suggestion of Sigurdsson becoming unsettled by the speculation that has bubbled since before even the end of last season. Spurs had been considering a move for their former player, though that talk has cooled, with Everton still keen on landing the 50-cap international despite having already brought in Ajax midfieler Davy Klaassen for a £26m fee.

But Swansea are understandably keen on holding on to such an important figure and remain confident they can successfully hold off Everton should they eventually come forward with an offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back