Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol an what a peno it was!

I know all football fans are biased, but I can't believe the misplaced snobbery when it comes to finding replacements for the heroes of the 11th, 11th and 7th place finishes of the last three years.

While Barkley is the one Everton player who I think looks truly top-class in possession, I'm more than happy to see the back of the last remnants of the Martinez era. He not only allowed, but actively encouraged them to carry themselves like Cantona while winning the same amount of games as Palace and Bournemouth, and fewer than Watford and Swansea.

I firmly believe that's why Barkley and Lukaku are a pair of entitled farts, who stand around looking shocked and affronted whenever the opposition has the temerity to offer resistance. It's got to the point where I'll actually be disappointed to see either of them turn out against Stoke.

Great post. No one in the team from the last few years should be seen as undroppible. Were did they get us? 7th? Even if we take a risk on certain new players. Worst case scenario. We finish 11th again

That is my biggest concern with Sigurdsson; Ross wasn't necessarily the greatest passer either. Maybe we just need more movement in the side, but I'd like to get a real playmaker in before the window ends.

That's doing him a disservice IMO.

He can pick a pass. The problem he has is lack of movement from other team mates which leads to lingering on the ball too long.

He's good but 35 mil good, I'm not so sure.

Would be interested to see how many of his assists are from open play, that's what we're missing most is someone who can play a through ball and link up play
Wouldn't argue with that mate. But at the same time don't underestimate the value of a good set piece. Something we've been sadly lacking since Baines' injury a few seasons ago. Sandro seems to have a set piece goal in his locker, but we also need someone to deliver pin point corners and wide set pieces. There's no doubt Siggy is one of the best in the Premier in that dept but not £35/40m good.

If we sell Barkley and replace him with Sigurdsson we haven't improved.
In fact we've regressed.

Don't have a problem bringing him in for the right price but not to replace Ross. If Ross does leave, which seems likely sadly, we need to bring in somebody better than Sigurdsson to replace him.

That's doing him a disservice IMO.

He can pick a pass. The problem he has is lack of movement from other team mates which leads to lingering on the ball too long.
I think Ross's problem is not his passing ability, but his decision making. Which pass to make and when to pass or keep hold of the ball. I'd like to think that playing with better players with better movement would improve his game, but my fear is that giving him more options might actually make him more confused. Until we see him in a better team with clever player we won't know. Really hope he stays so we find out..

Dunno why people seem to be hung up on the idea of replacing a player like for like and making the comparison.

From looking at his prior and what he's stated I'd guess Koeman wants to play a 4-3-3 but where one of the midfielders and both wide forward chip in with double figure goals and we aren't reliant for everything coming from the centre forward - so the onus there is 15-20 maybe and anything better a bonus. And a backup forward for the front three positions who can similarly chip in with 10 or so.

Sandro and Klassen would seem to be two he's identified who can fill those rolls, according to various reports then he's tried for Balde, interested in Berardi both wide players who are pretty prolific, interest maybe in Gray as a backup and the seeming interest in sigurdsson.

So players who routinely net double figure goals.

Maybe the idea isn't to bring in this playmaker type that everything goes through but rather have a unit that works together with movement and creating space. Thinking about it would anyone say the 80s team of ours actually have a playmaker, or did it just have brilliant chemistry with players who could move the ball quickly and collectively could pass a ball well.

I think Ross's problem is not his passing ability, but his decision making. Which pass to make and when to pass or keep hold of the ball. I'd like to think that playing with better players with better movement would improve his game, but my fear is that giving him more options might actually make him more confused. Until we see him in a better team with clever player we won't know. Really hope he stays so we find out..
My problem with Ross is he rarely plays the ball into stride. Okay, it's nice when the player can hit his target, but his passes are too direct and rarely allow our attackers to run onto them. This is especially crucial when you are trying to switch the field and catch teams on the counter. This is the one thing I really appreciated about Davies coming into the side.

My problem with Ross is he rarely plays the ball into stride. Okay, it's nice when the player can hit his target, but his passes are too direct and rarely allow our attackers to run onto them. This is especially crucial when you are trying to switch the field and catch teams on the counter. This is the one thing I really appreciated about Davies coming into the side.
Kieran Dowell is another that has that in his locker, plus he ain't bad at set pieces either. Hope we find a way to bring him through.

Really?! How do you know this mate! Intrigued!
I'm not ITK but I'm friends with one of the 5 (five, really) agents who were working on it. Apparently seen as a Mirallas replacement but there was a change of heart after Bill met the player. The guy I know usually does very low end stuff so was dead excited about this one as it involved a Premier League (even though he is a RS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back