Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Balancing the books is import to any business. Be stupid for us to spend £100 million and not sell anyone. Lots of players will never play again for us. So getting them off the wage bill is just as important. We may manage a negative spend an actually be stronger.

• Cleverley - £8m - £55k a week - £2.9m a year in wages
  • Niasse - £8m - £55k a week - £2.9m a year in wages
  • McGeady £2m - £50k a week - £2.6m a year in wages
  • McCarthy - £20m - £45k a week - £2.4m a year in wages
  • Kone - released - £40k a week - £2m a year

Big savings there, before Ross or Rom... Nearly £40m in fees, £20m in wages

But we'd also have to find £25m of profits for next year then, and year after etc. I'm assuming we'll all be expecting to be buying players then as well.
Yeah, which is why it's important to have players on your books that have both a decent sale value and preferably a low stand in value.

Except for Firmino, every single one of those players scored over 20 goals last year mostly playing straight through the middle. And I think you're doing Kane a disservice, his overall play for Spurs is fantastic, similar to Diego Costa who also scored 20 goals. The fact is it doesn't really matter whether it's a big lump up front or a mobile smaller forward. It's all about your desired style of play and what you want from your striker. If Lukaku is going we have to replace those goals somehow and as it's unlikely we'll get a like for like, we have to spread those goals around more which despite all our business so far doesn't appear to have been addressed and has to be the priority now. Unless of course Rom is staying......

I'm not doing Kane a disservice at all...I think he's a fantastic player and the best in the league at that...I was saying he's the only big lad of the top teams leading the line, that was my point(does the main striker need to be big) though Costa is strong...when playing ball to feet close control might mean more than size in terms of hold up play. Not saying I'd be upset if Rom stayed though lol

• Cleverley - £8m - £55k a week - £2.9m a year in wages
  • Niasse - £8m - £55k a week - £2.9m a year in wages
  • McGeady £2m - £50k a week - £2.6m a year in wages
  • McCarthy - £20m - £45k a week - £2.4m a year in wages
  • Kone - released - £40k a week - £2m a year

Big savings there, before Ross or Rom... Nearly £40m in fees, £20m in wages

Most of those wages are just silly, we all know Kone was on £500 a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back