Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not doing Kane a disservice at all...I think he's a fantastic player and the best in the league at that...I was saying he's the only big lad of the top teams leading the line, that was my point(does the main striker need to be big) though Costa is strong...when playing ball to feet close control might mean more than size in terms of hold up play. Not saying I'd be upset if Rom stayed though lol

Apologies mate, misread you a little bit there. For me the biggest issue is if you look at the top scorers last year, especially for the teams above us, they all have multiple players getting over ten goals. Rom got 25... The next closest was Barkley with 5, then Coleman has 4. That's not good enough whether Rom stays or not and has to be addressed this window. And if you remove Rom out of the equation then it's hard not to be extremely worried about getting goals next season.

Apologies mate, misread you a little bit there. For me the biggest issue is if you look at the top scorers last year, especially for the teams above us, they all have multiple players getting over ten goals. Rom got 25... The next closest was Barkley with 5, then Coleman has 4. That's not good enough whether Rom stays or not and has to be addressed this window. And if you remove Rom out of the equation then it's hard not to be extremely worried about getting goals next season.

no worries man it happens ;) I think a lot of that is to do with Rom being a bit selfish to be fair, often ignores the pass. Definitely a beast and a handful for defenders not much for bringing his teamates tally up...have you ever noticed it takes him a fraction of a second longer to celebrate than everyone else when he didn't score it?! it's always annoyed me a little lol

There's no way we'd be spending £100m without departures being accounted for

I don't know why people keep saying this. Sure, Rom and Ross may leave, but at the moment they are our players which means we are responsible for paying their wages and they remain our assets. Either player could suffer a serious injury tomorrow, meaning the club couldn't sell them for months, if at all. Do you honestly think a proper businessman like Moshiri would take that kind of gamble if the club couldn't afford this money without sales?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back