Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Suso would be a good fit, and we desperately need wingers. If you look at producing goals, winger was woeful last season, our best was 4 with Kev, and after that our best winger was 3 players tied with 1 goal. Two 8 goal wingers would make a world of difference. Im sure the hope is Lookman and Kev can maybe get 8 out of one spot, but we need a dominant winger in the other unless we plan to keep Lukaku and play Sandro there.

He's really improved since moving to Milan but I still think,he would struggle to make an impact in the prem. Our league is too quick and physical for the likes of him.

Could be, Sandro to me seems like he could play on the wing, but I guess it also depends on what he told him. Regardless, we need either one top class winger or target man, with Sandro taking the other spot.

He probably could, well he can cos he has done for Barca at times and I'm sure we will use him there from time to time but I think it would be a big mistake by Koeman. Sandro is much more comfortable and effective as a CF, right through the middle....

Kevin Sheedy says Hi.

Can't repeat in here what Peter Reid says.

Tricks would like to be remembered too.

Neither where playmakers mate. They where just very good players who worked fluently together .
A playmaker would be someone who everything goes through, that 80s team did not have one, it didn't need one because it had quality throughout it.

Disagree bracewell was similar but him Reid Steven and sheedy absolutely pricelss these days

Disagree with what mate?

The 80s team did not have a playmaker. It had very good players a who worked brilliantly together with a manager who knew how to create a perfect blend.

Disagree with what mate?

The 80s team did not have a playmaker. It had very good players a who worked brilliantly together with a manager who knew how to create a perfect blend.
I think it's also about a player who has the ability to split defences and pick a pass something we lacked last year as Barkley has the ability but keeps hold of the ball and makes poor decisions

Neither where playmakers mate. They where just very good players who worked fluently together .
A playmaker would be someone who everything goes through, that 80s team did not have one, it didn't need one because it had quality throughout it.
Im not talking about a playmaker in those terms. Im talking about players with vision and guile. Players who can see a pass and have the skill to execute it. Thats what we're lacking. That 80s midfield was full of it.

Suso is absolute turd, slower paced and less physical league masks all his failures which saw him flop over here last time - same as that league does with delboy, same as it has done with salah.

Some players just fit certain leagues, and just cannot adapt.

It will be interesting to see how Mo Salah does as he was garbage at Chelsea. I think he is a bigger gamble than the media have made out (unsurprising seen as who he signed for)

Error..not that bothered but was passing on info from someone who knows Keane very well...perhaps things change and utd pulled the plug after signing the Swedish centre half..I was told despite early interest from us and Liverpool that Keane wanted to go back to utd and that it had reached a stage where personal terms were agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back