Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 players on the verge of signing. I can see Monday being the day but would you want them all announced on the same day shock & awe style or one on Monday, one Tuesday & one Wednesday to own the media for several days.

If the second way then Keane on Monday, Sandro Tuesday & Henry Onyekuru on Wednesday.

Would love a 4th that none of us expect too.

Sandro could be anytime, Saturday, Sunday or Monday. Onyekuru could be Saturday as apparently he's free to sign for Anderlecht Sunday the 2nd so he'll obviously be announced for us first. And Keane isn't back from his jols till Sunday so he could be announced Monday?!.....

Unless its already done and dusted - does it take 48 hours to fly back from the us these days? ;o

It does if your lazy.

raw

Lukaku
Deulofeu
Mirallas
Barkley

^^^ When they were put out together (which was regularly) that was the most potent attacking line up we've put out for games in a couple of generations.

Sort of puts into perspective the tripe Koeman has bought and put out in his first season - a season in which he'd have been sunk had he not inherited a record breaking goal scorer. Now that he wont have him he's flummoxed and casting around for some sort of formation, system and a group of players to get us past that massive loss of Lukaku.

For my money he hasn't got a 'kin clue how to put an attack together.

Barkley was home grown so he was there before Bobby so he doesn't count
Geri never made the grade so he doesn't count
Bobby didn't sign Mirallas so he doesn't count
I said don't mention Lukaku as he was a proven PL goal scorer
So who else in the attacking side of the game did Bobby sign.
I'll tell you who NO ONE.
At the start of the season except for Lukaku there will be no Bobby signings in the first 11

At the start of the season except for Lukaku there will be no Bobby signings in the first 11

Kone.
Oumar the Great.
Ten Minute Traore.

Holgate may be the only long term survivor.

Besic and McCarthy may have had something had they not been perminantly injured. They are at last chance saloon (I hope we go all out for Dendoncker which would see the end for at the very least one of them).

Roberto did buy quite a bit of dross sadly.

Maybe Ross & Rom have been waiting for the club to follow through on their promises and show they mean business in the transfer window before making the decision on their futures?

This only strengthens our chances of keeping them & they will be able to see that progress is taking place & they could be a part of something special here.

COYB

Makes sense...surprised it's not been mentioned before to be fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back