Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still have sleepless nights we lost him. That period of him, Arteta and Pienaar was just about the best football I have ever seen us play as a supporter. Truly was a thing of beauty with visionary passing all over that midfield.. it was over all too quickly! Damn they were a good fit!

Me too. I was so desperate for us to get him permanently. Makes you wonder what might have been if he had come. One of my fav players over the years even if he was only here for a short while.

Kone.
Oumar the Great.
Ten Minute Traore.

The fact he spoke of Kone as the complete centre forward was a worry from the off. Yes he got a bad injury early on, but he was utter mince for a good month or 2 prior to that.

McGeady and Cleverley both never ever good enough to play for Everton.

Could have signed VVD, but opted for the cheaper *but same price after reading the small print, Funes Mori.

Dear oh dear.

Somebody talk to me about sexy playmakers, I don't know how many years I have watched Everton but I still don't believe I have seen one, probably count the amount of defence splitting balls on one hand, Gravesen few times in that 6 months of magic, Geri against Sunderland and Donovan at Villa away.... WE DESERVE ONE

Sexy F.A.B.R.E.G.A.S.

Lukaku
Deulofeu
Mirallas
Barkley

^^^ When they were put out together (which was regularly) that was the most potent attacking line up we've put out for games in a couple of generations.

Sort of puts into perspective the tripe Koeman has bought and put out in his first season - a season in which he'd have been sunk had he not inherited a record breaking goal scorer. Now that he wont have him he's flummoxed and casting around for some sort of formation, system and a group of players to get us past that massive loss of Lukaku.

For my money he hasn't got a 'kin clue how to put an attack together.
Yes, it certainly was the most potent attacking line up we've put out for games in a couple of generations, helping score 61 goals that season, thats just really hard to deny........unless....of course......you saw that this past season we scored 62.

I never was great at math, but I have reason to believe 62 goals is more than 61, and that a more potent attack would score more goals than a less potent attack.

He'd cost about 60m as Leipzig have no need for money mate.

He's also like most Leipzig and Monaco players likely highly overrated.

Both teams worked really well for one season and shocked everyone, strangely Leicester did the same, so a fair few of these mega hyped players will actually turn into drinkwater a Morgan types

Sorry mate but Emil Forsberg is no Danny Drinkwater or Morgan. He's a class act, he'd be my dream signing this summer.

Out of interest which Monaco players do you think are overrated, do you think City have already bought one ? I definitely think they had better calibre players last season than Leicester in their title winning year.

That's a good point tbh.

I wanted Mata more than Witsel last year, it isn't even really about the player himself but the type of player he was and how that would change our approach.
Both over rated, Mata improved this year but there are better out there

Yes, it certainly was the most potent attacking line up we've put out for games in a couple of generations, helping score 61 goals that season, thats just really hard to deny........unless....of course......you saw that this past season we scored 62.

I never was great at math, but I have reason to believe 62 goals is more than 61, and that a more potent attack would score more goals than a less potent attack.
Yeah, but that doesn't fit the narrative that Koeman's teams won't score enough goals. Remember that one? Until we started scoring a bunch of goals, then it was that he somehow can't have creative players, which will last until somehow we can't develop goalkeepers so Pickford isn't worth it, and so on and so forth.

Look, I do think Geri would be fantastic as an attacking option coming off the bench when the other team is worn out. I think he'd be deadly in cup matches and against bottom feeders in the EPL, ideally at home. He may yet develop into a great player. He's definitely worth hanging on to.

But you cannot ignore that he hasn't made the grade at a single professional club yet.

In terms of playmakers, who are we still linked to? Sigurdsson really isn't a 10.

Brozovic? Calhangolu?

I still think pairing someone like Lemos with Keane would be lovely in terms of distribution from the back. I personally HATE the idea of relying on a single #10 for creating all of our offense, nor do I think we need one with some of the players we have now.

Is all our width going to come from the full backs?

If we are going to insist pursuing Sigurdsson, we have a large pool of midfielders but no width.

I have said before that wingers have being going redundant for a while now, that being said some situations will call upon wide forward players, and the only forward player we have who likes to fly down the touch line is Bolasie.

Which makes me think whether Deulofeu will stay. We've cooled our interest in Niang who is a player that drifted wide when necessary.

I think we'll be after a dynamic forward player as well as another striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back