Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw Leipzig zero times I saw Monaco I think once or twice mate. What I can say its unusual for a team to suddenly turn up 7-8 world class players in one season like these both apparently have done, without a huge amount being overrated
Having watched a bunch of Monaco in the CL I'd say Lemar and Bakayoko are the two that strike me as overhyped. I'd rather have Gueye and Morgs than Bakayoko atm

Monaco much better than Leicester? Will guarantee they would never have won this league.

You've seen them play twice against juventus and come to this conclusion.

They'd batter that Leicester side, no doubt, do you not remember the league being utter tosh the year Leicester won it, Monaco just won the league with PSG finishing below them with a huge points total.

Don't recall anyone claiming they have 7-8 world class players but they did have a fair bit of quality in that side last season.

After the Keane deal is done, the time is NOW to focus on our goals dilemma.
With Lukaku leaving, we have the worst attack in probably the top 2 divisions as things stand.
Hoping the Lukaku fee is used to address this dilemma with 2 strikers.

We've signed some good players but no stand out quality in terms of a "established" name. I would personally swerve Siggurdsson at the prices banded around for him and try bring in that isco type of player. It's all good us signing players like Keane and Pickford but we have to keep up with the club's above us who are bringing in the likes of Silva, Lacazette etc.
Pickford is the best goal keeper we have had in years.

We lost or drawn so many games due to having terrible goalkeepers. Take Howard, you shoot from 25+ yards and it's on target, it's a goal. Stek full of mistakes, Robles was half decent but makes to many mistakes.

A good goal keeper wins you games, look at De Gea, Total match winner

We've signed some good players but no stand out quality in terms of a "established" name. I would personally swerve Siggurdsson at the prices banded around for him and try bring in that isco type of player. It's all good us signing players like Keane and Pickford but we have to keep up with the club's above us who are bringing in the likes of Silva, Lacazette etc.

We're signing players who improve us.

That's all that matters

This is the problem, have we just signed a load of lower clubs best players but we can't attract them players until we get champs league, I was wondering how City did it, then remembered they gave Yaya £250,000 a week to get it done.

Unfortunately we can't do that, so were kind of stuck.

I do hope we get that x-factor who comes and takes up a level, I for one would avoid Gylfi, most of his assists and goals from set pieces he's limited in my eyes.

This is the problem, have we just signed a load of lower clubs best players but we can't attract them players until we get champs league, I was wondering how City did it, then remembered they gave Yaya £250,000 a week to get it done.

Unfortunately we can't do that, so were kind of stuck.

I do hope we get that x-factor who comes and takes up a level, I for one would avoid Gylfi, most of his assists and goals from set pieces he's limited in my eyes.
Doubt you've actually watched much of Gylfi to suggest he's limited. He plays multiple and different roles very well for both Swans and Iceland. And god forbid we actually score from a set piece once in a while. The horror.

Doubt you've actually watched much of Gylfi to suggest he's limited. He plays multiple and different roles very well for both Swans and Iceland. And god forbid we actually score from a set piece once in a while. The horror.

Oh god behave yourself stupid. I want more than a good set piece taker for £30/40 Million.

Barkley is a superior footballer and I thought we wanted to improve.

So many world class players yet they got utterly destroyed in a big game.

So??

Barca also got destroyed and they have some decent players don't you think? Lamar, Mbappe, Fabinho, Mendy, Bernardo are all great players with huge potential. And yes, when you're that young you can lose a game against a much more experienced side.

Monaco much better than Leicester? Will guarantee they would never have won this league.

You cant guarantee that but Leicester was a miracle with that team, it happens once in a 100 years. Look at all their players now. Only Kante was/is worldclass. Monaco had much more individual quality. You wouldnt compare vardy to mbappe right?

Lukaku & Pogba giggling at each others farts
TerranceandPhillipMovieTrailer14.webp

You cant guarantee that but Leicester was a miracle with that team, it happens once in a 100 years. Look at all their players now. Only Kante was/is worldclass. Monaco had much more individual quality. You wouldnt compare vardy to mbappe right?
I'd say the Mahrez of that year is comparable, hes hardly set the world alight since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back