Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't be skeptical of a team's talent with this kind of evidence. Are you the new Davek?

No mate, but you must admit that the clamour from supporters of clubs to sign this Monaco player or that one, is by and large driven by hype and 99% of people will have never seen Leipzig and maybe watched Monaco in a CL game or two at most.

In both instances - team chemistry and the playing style of both clubs are being completely ignored in regards to how good both teams players looked collectively and as a unit this season.

The fees bandied around for Mbappe are absolutely absurd even for the current over inflated market on players. the rest of the Monaco and Leipzig players have gone from being worth buttons in the main to now being worth 40-70m a piece, based on one good season in the large part.

Same stuff said about Mbappe was being said when United bought martial 2 years ago, was being said about renato sanchez last season, vastly over hyped - even if he is very talented obviously

...Friday's gossip summary;

- FootballLondon say Antonio Conte is furious with the Chelsea Board's pursuit of Romelu Lukaku because his no1 preference is Andrea Belotti.

- According to L'Equippe, Everton are one of a number of clubs chasing Caen winger Yann Karamoh.

- The Daily Star reports Everton are close to finalising a deal to bring Michael Keane to Goodison. Manchester United will receive £6m as part of the deal due to a sell on clause.

- International Business Times reckon Everton, West Ham and Newcastle have joined Spurs in pursuit of AC Milan winger Suso.

- Inside Football report Everton, AC Milan and Liverpool are in the hunt for Sevilla goalkeeper, Sergio Rico. 30m Euros will trigger his release clause.

- The Telegraph suggests Aiden McGeady is set to leave Everton and become Simon Grayson's first signing at Sunderland.

- The Mirror reports Everton will announce the arrival of Sandro next week. Malaga are waiting until 3rd July to sign the players release forms.

Not even a half decent sauce amongst them there.

Thankfully Ronny K and the Briefing bunch are back next week and we'll finally start getting some decent news from the likes of Joyce, Hunter, King and Bascombe.

No mate, but you must admit that the clamour from supporters of clubs to sign this Monaco player or that one, is by and large driven by hype and 99% of people will have never seen Leipzig and maybe watched Monaco in a CL game or two at most.

In both instances - team chemistry and the playing style of both clubs are being completely ignored in regards to how good both teams players looked collectively and as a unit this season.

The fees bandied around for Mbappe are absolutely absurd even for the current over inflated market on players. the rest of the Monaco and Leipzig players have gone from being worth buttons in the main to now being worth 40-70m a piece, based on one good season in the large part.

Same stuff said about Mbappe was being said when United bought martial 2 years ago, was being said about renato sanchez last season, vastly over hyped - even if he is very talented obviously

Possibly but I would expect someone to watch them before forming an opinion on whether it's a team or individual case. Only certain Leipzig players are worth a lot (Werner, Forsberg and Keita that's it). Whereas with Monaco their highest rated players have been hot topics for more than just this season.

Overinflation happens but if people like Oxlade-Chamberlain are demanding 1/3 of what Mbappe would cost it makes sense in the bigger picture.

Players like Bernardo Silva or Fabinho have done it at international level anyway which undermines the club team chemistry point.

I only managed to catch a couple of his games for Caen and the French youth team but I love him. Tall, powerful, fast and French. They had a midfielder called Makengo that was classy too but he's since moved to Nice.

..I was going to ask why you liked him. He looks the part. Only criticism I would have is that he doesn't always seem to strike a football cleanly, gets in on goal and chokes his shot a bit. Decent goal scoring record for the reserves but not so much for the first team but he's clearly got a lot going for him if he's caught your eye.

..I was going to ask why you liked him. He looks the part. Only criticism I would have is that he doesn't always seem to strike a football cleanly, gets in on goal and chokes his shot a bit. Decent goal scoring record for the reserves but not so much for the first team but he's clearly got a lot going for him if he's caught your eye.

I suspect he's not really a striker or certainly wasn't developed that way. A lot of these young French strikers (Mbappe, Cornet, Martial etc.) show a winger's profile but eventually move inside. His finishing definitely could be worked on but at 18 he's got time. I certainly wouldn't mind another transfer then loan return for him.

After the Keane deal is done, the time is NOW to focus on our goals dilemma.
With Lukaku leaving, we have the worst attack in probably the top 2 divisions as things stand.
Hoping the Lukaku fee is used to address this dilemma with 2 strikers.
Easy tiger, he's not gone yet and I'd rather have Calvert-Lewin/Sandro/Lookman/Mirallas/Bolasie/Barkley/Geri (even bloody Niasse went out on loan to the 17th best team in the country). Than almost any striker top ten down. Stop the sensationalism and get real, things really are not that bad IF he goes!

Really surprised at the Ake move, he is better than Bournemouth.

I would have had him to partner Keane in a heartbeat, he is better than the rest of our CBs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back