Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is Dave, they signed players for the sake of it - most in the same position.

What idiot fans of other clubs (and even more stupid pundits) are ignoring are that these players are ones that were needed to improve our starting XI.

Now, it's about bonus signings - depending on outs, obviously.
Tbf, the only (few) negative comments I've heard in the media (dont know about fans) is one of questioning the quality of player. There is eyebrows raised on the cash levels spent, but I doubt any neutral is that impressed by the names coming in.

Thanks Dave. I've skipped a few pages I guess. Happy so far mate?
Happy with the age of these players; overall not that impressed with the quality. Look beyond the price tags they come with and there's a case for saying the hard work in the transfer window starts now: principally to get a statement signing up front to replace Lukaku.

Do we actually need Sigurdsson? He said he underperformed at Spurs because he was played out of position - he likes to play in the middle

However we already have Schneiderlin, Gana, Klaassen, Davies, McCarthy, Barry, Besic, Barkley
No we don't, certainly not at the price being quoted. Too much for not enough all round abilities for me. Great in a team relying on set pieces but he's not a possession footballer, nor quick enough to bring the game at speed. Move on.

Happy with the age of these players; overall not that impressed with the quality. Look beyond the price tags they come with and there's a case for saying the hard work in the transfer window starts now: principally to get a statement signing up front to replace Lukaku.

Which will happen.

Here's one for you.......Diego Costa wants his move to Athletico but can't sign until January - would you take him on loan until then?

My expectations were quite low, given that last summer we didn't do so well in the window, I expected more of the same, I am quite pleased so far, but still expecting Lukaku and Barkley to go, so I feel like we need about 4 more players;

target man (Giroud or Zapata)
striker (javier Hernandez or Rooney)
Attacking midfielder (sigurdsson)
Right wing back ( Cuco Martina)

The state of West Ham though.

Their fans are utter biffs, they have a terrible stadium of which they are only tenants, they have a crap squad, a back stabbing manager, are part run by a snake skinned part fossil/man who has almost certainly committed crimes of a sexual nature at some stage of his life, and they're from an absolute a s*** hole.

West Ham lol

I do agree that if Rom is gone we need to go big and bring someone of his ilk in. Definitely. The age is also something I'm pleased with. Nice young spine. Not sure who we'll get to replace Rom, think it'll be your famous pop gun attack. I have a little more faith than you, I think. Glad we're kinda on the same page for once though.

Have you seen him mate? Not knocking like, I haven't. Apparently Spurs are looking too. Any good like?

If I'm honest mate I wouldn't say iv seen a lot of him but I did catch a few games when he was on the tv last year. Good player, busy, really strong. Won my fantasy football team a lot of points for not a lot of outlay to if that adds to my case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back