Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure he will mate and we Woudnt of got it with just bill in charge remember that.
Correct re Bill. The payment structure does not involve Farhad.
Sure he is always there to invest if he wants to, but not required.

Last edited:
I think he scored about 15 odd goals last year. I think he'd be more to spread goals around the team instead of being so reliant on one player if you know what I mean? I don't think he's a replacement for Lukaku but he would weigh in with his fair share across a season. If we lost Lukaku and had King and say a giroud getting 20ish a season with 15 say from Sandro and the same or not far off from Klaassen or Barkley or however this window and then the team pans out I think that's probably a more sustainable model for the season rather then having a 30 odd goal striker and hoping he stays fit. Plus with the cash comes the ability to have that bigger squad so why not utilise it with a 25 year old who could prove very useful. The 30million quoted for him seems a bit steep but it is the silly season[/QUO
This whole thing smacks of Moneyball. Replace the goals that one guy got with 3 others who'll get the same, or more, amount. And yeah, 30 mil is cos they've seen us opening our wallet.
I'd also like to recommend Moneyball if no one has seen it. Doubt it would work in Fitbah like.

Everton, Everton, We're Forever Everton,
All for one, one for all,
Everton's the team that plays beautiful football.

We've got the best supporters on any football ground,
As long as they're behind us, we'll never let them down,
The men who go from Merseyside to sail the seven seas,
will hear the call of Everton come riding on the green.

Everton, Everton, we're Forever Everton,

We're the kings of Goodison, we play in Royal Blue,
The home of all the Toffeemen, we play it sweet for you,
We play it on the carpet, we play it in the air
Whichever way we play it, we play it fair and square.

Everton, Everton, we're Forever Everton

We're after the league, and we're after the cup.
Everton’s on the up and up!

The story that is Everton from the days of Dixie Dean
The story we will carry on for the glory of our team
In every land and continent wherever football's known
We'll play the game that's Everton and bring the honours home

Everton, Everton, we're forever Everton,
Everton's the team that plays beautiful football,
Everton's the team that plays beautiful football!

The players we've signed right now aren't top drawer. We'll lose the one in the team who is that top drawer player. He needs replacing with a talent as big as his in order to move forward. If we dont we are just reducing the top quality in the first team...especially if Barkley leaves.
Take your doom mongering else where Dave. For once look at it with optimism.

New faces in of good quality, all strengthen the team. Early moves.

No faces out yet we dont want to leave.

Happy days. Have a smile - its good at the moment.

Everton, Everton, We're Forever Everton,

We've got the best supporters on any football ground,
As long as they're behind us, we'll never let them down,
The men who go from Merseyside to sail the seven seas,
will hear the call of Everton come riding on the green.

Everton, Everton, we're Forever Everton,

We're the kings of Goodison, we play in Royal Blue,
The home of all the Toffeemen, we play it sweet for you,
We play it on the carpet, we play it in the air
Whichever way we play it, we play it fair and square.

Everton, Everton, we're Forever Everton

We're after the league, and we're after the cup.
Everton’s on the up and up!

The story that is Everton from the days of Dixie Dean
The story we will carry on for the glory of our team
In every land and continent wherever football's known
We'll play the game that's Everton and bring the honours home

Everton, Everton, we're forever Everton,
Everton's the team that plays beautiful football,
Everton's the team that plays beautiful football!

Can't sleep mate?

How many times have clubs in mid table done it to us ? I'm sure the hammers have done it a couple of times . Who was that defender they took from under our nose ?
Still , it's great to watch us go about our business in a typically non Everton tradition.
Even if we lose our big two players I haven't been so excited to start a new season since we finished in the CL places . Loving it .

To be fair West Ham are always linked with tonnes of players over the summer transfer period. My mate who is a Hammers fan is always moaning they get linked with crap loads of players and end up with someone like Snodgrass. Is it really any wonder we get linked to the same players as them a lot of the time.
The dildo boys are forever blowing their trumpets about who they are looking at and bidding on to the fans to big up themselves and the club. My mate reckons they should just shut the hell up and stop embarrassing themselves
Unfortunately where you finish in the league usually shows the prospective player what kind of club you are joining and the teams realistic chances of getting anywhere. At the moment we just look a better prospect than them and long may it continue.

Statement signings are exactly what we shouldn't do.

I'm inclined to agree. There's more than enough examples of statement signings who've not come close to justifying their price tag (Pogba ? Half the Man City team ?) What we need are smart signings : players who'll look as though they're worth 50 mil after they've been with us 6 months - players of talent who will fit into the Everton setup and give 100% every time they wear a blue shirt.

The players we've signed right now aren't top drawer. We'll lose the one in the team who is that top drawer player. He needs replacing with a talent as big as his in order to move forward. If we dont we are just reducing the top quality in the first team...especially if Barkley leaves.
Who are these players? Out of interest? Personally I think we signed some very very good players, both Pickford and Keane would get in every other prem team(Pickford wouldn't get in Stokes)out the top 6 and Keane and Pickford would both go in to RS team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back