Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm inclined to agree. There's more than enough examples of statement signings who've not come close to justifying their price tag (Pogba ? Half the Man City team ?) What we need are smart signings : players who'll look as though they're worth 50 mil after they've been with us 6 months - players of talent who will fit into the Everton setup and give 100% every time they wear a blue shirt.
Which is exactly what we have done

Well we've committed £30m on a 23 year old GK from a relegated side and the same amount on a CB from Burnley that only had a year left on his deal so I have no doubts that if Koeman is seriously keen on Sigurdsson then he isn't going to be put off by their valuation of him and will get Walsh on the case!

Apart from Martina probably being the next one in, I think things will slow down now and probably drag out. Giroud want be a straight forward deal seen has though he wants to see what business Arsenal do when it comes to attacking players and Sigurdsson won't be a quick deal to do either although I think we will get it done! Rooney could possibly drag out aswell depending on the kind of deal we can strike with Utd?! Heard talk of a loan deal where Utd will help us with Rooney's wages and IF that is the case then that's the best possible deal all round involving Rooney imo!....

To be fair West Ham are always linked with tonnes of players over the summer transfer period. My mate who is a Hammers fan is always moaning they get linked with crap loads of players and end up with someone like Snodgrass. Is it really any wonder we get linked to the same players as them a lot of the time.
The dildo boys are forever blowing their trumpets about who they are looking at and bidding on to the fans to big up themselves and the club. My mate reckons they should just shut the hell up and stop embarrassing themselves
Unfortunately where you finish in the league usually shows the prospective player what kind of club you are joining and the teams realistic chances of getting anywhere. At the moment we just look a better prospect than them and long may it continue.
When you think London location, gifted a new stadium and European football last year (but they didn't even make it out of qualifying) boy have they wasted a great opportunity to push on.

Hoping we bring in some wingers next.

If not next then definitely bring one or two in before the window closes. Think we could do with balancing the side out now. Everyone we've bought so far, barring Onyekuru, are for the spine of the team. Out wide our option currently aren't great due to certain factors. One, cos Bolasie is injured and is a big loss. Two, Lookman is a talent but it's a big ask to ask him to be a consistent performer for us all season. Three, Mirallas is a good squad player but too inconsistent and four, Barkley isn't a natural wide player and can do a job but for an whole season I wouldn't like us to rely on him playing out wide on the right like he has been doing, I'd rather have genuine wide options, players with quality that can beat men and make things happen, add that excitement to the team.

How many times have clubs in mid table done it to us ? I'm sure the hammers have done it a couple of times . Who was that defender they took from under our nose ?

Sam Byram? I remember being well annoyed over that, forgot all about his existence until he came on as a sub against us and was garbage. Then I forgot him again. This time by choice, haha.

I like the class and professional we're bringing in. Sandro had pics taken in our shirt 2 weeks ago, but he tells press he knows nothing. Compare that to Rom's antics. And Klassen and Sandro both look really passionate, look like they would really fight for a club where they feel they belong. Especially Klassen, I can see him becoming a cult hero around here.

So, main ones are all in... who's realistically next? Giroud? Dembele? Hernandez? Rooney?

Tbf, the only (few) negative comments I've heard in the media (dont know about fans) is one of questioning the quality of player. There is eyebrows raised on the cash levels spent, but I doubt any neutral is that impressed by the names coming in.

It's basically stupid comments (but really, it's from the usual wind up merchants) saying we're overpaying etc etc.

If Liverpool, or Spurs, or even West Ham fgs, paid the money, they'd be praised.

So we are going to get Martina, do yous think we want two more after that, ie Gylfi, plus a striker?

If so, will we get two strikers (if) when Lukaku leaves? What yous reckon ?

So we are going to get Martina, do yous think we want two more after that, ie Gylfi, plus a striker?

If so, will we get two strikers (if) when Lukaku leaves? What yous reckon ?

I think we still want a forward regardless.

Then perhaps left-back cover.

IF the squad stayed as it was, we'd be bloody fine.

But, it's unlikely to, which means we will be busy. But I think we'll be relatively quiet until later in the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back