Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I hadn't remembered until recently is that last season, the only signing we had done before the first match of the season was Gueye. Williams and Bolasie (and anyone else) came after the season had already begun.

This season, we've gone and completely signed a new young, hungry and immensely talented spine to the team before preseason has even begun. I mean, you just can't understate what a big deal this is. It's not something that Everton has ever been able to do before, and it's something that very few other clubs have ever managed before.

The temptation could have been there (as it is with some in this thread) to have thrown money at STATEMENT SIGNINGS that do little to really overhaul the squad but look flashy. What we've done is attempt to build an entire team - and entire squad even - that will be better than what we had before.

And that's why I really don't care who we sell now, because we don't rely on one or two individuals anymore. We're building a team and a system that is dynamic, versatile, deep and hopefully sustainable.

The club could have gone one of two ways with this new money, and I'm utterly delighted they've gone the right way.

We need one massive marquee signing to top things off.

Similar to utd signing cantona,City signing Robinho, Chelsea signing Zola, Arsenal signing bergkamp. They were all great playmaker that shape the destiny of their clubs and carry their team to the next level. We have non at the moment.

I would rather see us forget about siggy or Giroud and earmark the fund for a special playmaker. That's provided we keep Lukaku at all cost.
James-Rodriguez-Arsenal-Transfer-News-Gossip-698272.jpg

i refuse to belive our squad is worse than the RS' at this point in time. They have a couple of starting players who are better than ours of course, but their depth is horrendours. They needed to do the kind of work we're doing, but so far they've bought two players in the exact same position that they're at their strongest. They don't seem to have a strategy and well if they don't get their arses in gear, they're in for a really really tough season.

United, obviously have a better squad than us, but that doesn't take away from the fact that last season they were shocking for large parts and were the epitomy of a one man team ... that man won't be there next season.

Arsenal? who knows. They're getting worse season by season under that baffoon of a manager and i think their tailsman won't be there next season. You would expect a champions league team may prize ozil away from them too and what does that leave them with? About 10 fairly good attackers, but all of them are injury prone.

We definitely have a good reason to be hopeful thus far.
Goals was our issue last season, and remains. If we lose Lukaku it magnifies. Liverpool has so many options in that area all over the park. This issue cost us top 5 I feel last season and may again unless we still go shopping.

We need one massive marquee signing to top things off.

Similar to utd signing cantona,City signing Robinho, Chelsea signing Zola, Arsenal signing bergkamp. They were all great playmaker that shape the destiny of their clubs and carry their team to the next level. We have non at the moment.

I would rather see us forget about siggy or Giroud and earmark the fund for a special playmaker. That's provided we keep Lukaku at all cost.

Lucas Lima from Santos would be special, he said no deal made with Barca but he might be protecting them as it may have been an early illegal approach, out of contract in December

I think a lot of people are missing a point here. I would love statement signings. Yes we need a lot more done to our squad.

However, the fact RK stressed importance of early business (should be done that way anyway) makes me think he'll really try and do a United and get in CL by winning Europa league. So we don't necessarily need a superstar top 4 squad yet. We need foundations to which those types will be added, when we're there. Just a theory.

Tierney,Gylfi,Dembele ,Rooney and Giroud. I know that sounds like a firm of American lawyers but, it has a certain ring to it.A mixture of youth and experienced players.With what we have already and what we have brought in,add those in to the squad and it's realistic top 4 contenders. IMO Only of course.

I think a lot of people are missing a point here. I would love statement signings. Yes we need a lot more done to our squad.

However, the fact RK stressed importance of early business (should be done that way anyway) makes me think he'll really try and do a United and get in CL by winning Europa league. So we don't necessarily need a superstar top 4 squad yet. We need foundations to which those types will be added, when we're there. Just a theory.
Risky for me.
League needs to be our #1 priority.

Risky for me.
League needs to be our #1 priority.
I'm not saying we throw the league. Just think Europa honestly represents the best chance. It doesn't matter how once we're in CL. We're not going to finish 1st-3rd so say we got 4th we could then draw a team like say Milan or Dortmund or Napoli in CL play-off. It's all a risk. We should know with CL play-offs too Effing Bald Italian Sod ref.

I'm not saying we throw the league. Just think Europa honestly represents the best chance. It doesn't matter how once we're in CL. We're not going to finish 1st-3rd so say we got 4th we could then draw a team like say Milan or Dortmund or Napoli in CL play-off. It's all a risk. We should know with CL play-offs too Effing Bald Italian Sod ref.
I'd hate for us to go all the way to the semis or final and lose, and only finish mid table in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back