Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many times have clubs in mid table done it to us ? I'm sure the hammers have done it a couple of times . Who was that defender they took from under our nose ?
Still , it's great to watch us go about our business in a typically non Everton tradition.
Even if we lose our big two players I haven't been so excited to start a new season since we finished in the CL places . Loving it .

Sam Byram. Dear oh dear did he make a bad choice lol. Off to obscurity you go.

Nothing beat 'missing out' on Sissoko though. Some belting swerves recently.

So i guess the only player left who we are strongly linked with now is Siggurdson ?

Think we've more or less got the first wave of players we've been linked with... now we need some more jarg links to sink out teeth into.

So i guess the only player left who we are strongly linked with now is Siggurdson ?

Think we've more or less got the first wave of players we've been linked with... now we need some more jarg links to sink out teeth into.
And still to release some players who no longer have a future, but are still a drain on wages:
Stek
Niasse
McGeady
They alone could get us 12m in fees and saves us about 120k a week combined in wages.

The players we've signed right now aren't top drawer. We'll lose the one in the team who is that top drawer player. He needs replacing with a talent as big as his in order to move forward. If we dont we are just reducing the top quality in the first team...especially if Barkley leaves.

Lukaku is not top drop, if I was a Chelsea fan I'd be devestated to spend £80m on a player with such a poor first touch. He's unproven at international level and in the champions league. Giroud, who isn't top drawer either, would actually improve us as a team as Lukaku limits how we can play.

Anyway, proven top drawer players are not going to join us. We found that out last summer. We just have to buy players with the potential to become top drawer. The 84 and 87 teams didn't have any statement signings or superstars (southall apart), just functional effective footballers who played as a team and became better than the sum of their parts.

And still to release some players who no longer have a future, but are still a drain on wages:
Stek
Niasse
McGeady
They alone could get us 12m in fees and saves us about 120k a week combined in wages.

McGeady has already gone for 5m

Stek is absolutely fine as a third choice keeper.

Alright lads been a cracking window for us so far! Can't wait for more news on signings. I've been looking on twitter for news and this guy reckons we are in for strikers next. Not sure how reliable he is though.

The main 4 were all our main targets as well...Henry was just to piss West Ham off cos you know We can.

Stek
Niasse
McGeady

We need to give him a squad number this summer, that will get the ball rolling on selling him, not giving him a number I still think was silly and devalues an asset we need to sell

We need one massive marquee signing to top things off.

Similar to utd signing cantona,City signing Robinho, Chelsea signing Zola, Arsenal signing bergkamp. They were all great playmaker that shape the destiny of their clubs and carry their team to the next level. We have non at the moment.

I would rather see us forget about siggy or Giroud and earmark the fund for a special playmaker. That's provided we keep Lukaku at all cost.

The general consensus amongst other fans seem to be that we are doing good business but not signing anyone who is going to take us to the next level, annoying to read but probably fairly accurate in all honesty.

Our squad still looks like 7th best in league and will probably still look like that even if we sell/keep Rom and Ross.

Im not really sure how we break into being serious/consistant top 4 contenders, seems like mission impossible... but Spurs managed it so i still have some hope.

edit: Anyone saying we are 1 great central defender (VVD) away from challenging from the title is living in cloud cuckooo land.

i refuse to belive our squad is worse than the RS' at this point in time. They have a couple of starting players who are better than ours of course, but their depth is horrendours. They needed to do the kind of work we're doing, but so far they've bought two players in the exact same position that they're at their strongest. They don't seem to have a strategy and well if they don't get their arses in gear, they're in for a really really tough season.

United, obviously have a better squad than us, but that doesn't take away from the fact that last season they were shocking for large parts and were the epitomy of a one man team ... that man won't be there next season.

Arsenal? who knows. They're getting worse season by season under that baffoon of a manager and i think their tailsman won't be there next season. You would expect a champions league team may prize ozil away from them too and what does that leave them with? About 10 fairly good attackers, but all of them are injury prone.

We definitely have a good reason to be hopeful thus far.

If not next then definitely bring one or two in before the window closes. Think we could do with balancing the side out now. Everyone we've bought so far, barring Onyekuru, are for the spine of the team. Out wide our option currently aren't great due to certain factors. One, cos Bolasie is injured and is a big loss. Two, Lookman is a talent but it's a big ask to ask him to be a consistent performer for us all season. Three, Mirallas is a good squad player but too inconsistent and four, Barkley isn't a natural wide player and can do a job but for an whole season I wouldn't like us to rely on him playing out wide on the right like he has been doing, I'd rather have genuine wide options, players with quality that can beat men and make things happen, add that excitement to the team.

and 4) we've offloaded deulofeu. Ideally, yeah, we could do with a very good option for the right hand side, but i don't think that'll happen, i haven't really seen any links, but maybe that's a position we have in mind IF we sell lukaku.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back