Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Gylfi rumours are true, then baring Rom's departure, we've secured the nucleus of a strong squad or as the saying goes 'a real spine'.

Looking at our ambitions then I doubt this will be the end of business so where else does everyone else think we need to strengthen? How many?

Obviously at least one other striker is a must, then I'd hope we'd strengthen our wide options and perhaps additional quality in the defence.

If the Gylfi rumours are true, then baring Rom's departure, we've secured the nucleus of a strong squad or as the saying goes 'a real spine'.

Looking at our ambitions then I doubt this will be the end of business so where else does everyone else think we need to strengthen? How many?

Obviously at least one other striker is a must, then I'd hope we'd strengthen our wide options and perhaps additional quality in the defence.

We need some fullbacks, we have 1 fit first team fullback in the whole squad.

I'd like to see us buy another centre half to partner with keane

Presuming our squad stays the same, I'd say we need a few more still.

Striker, winger/attacker, left back, right back...

Currently we have no cover on the full back positions bar a relatively unproven Kenny and this needs to be addressed. I am unsure whether the younger left backs at the club are ready just yet personally... though people on here are saying good things.

The loan model of young players - even ones the club doesn't believe will ever make it - rather than instant sale mate is obvious, you rake kin loan fees every season for them, 2-3 years of loaning them out, their value from playing rises then you sell them at a peak evaluation for them

Well, I can understand us signing Renato Sanches for 23mil and putting him on loan for 3 seasons for regular game time and make a lot of cash doing so....we then bring him back and we have either a 50mil asset or someone we can continue to loan out/sell for an amount where we wouldn't have made a loss.

But for browning and pennington. just pennies?

IN:

GK: Pickford (23) £25m*
CB: Keane (24) £25m*
CM: Klaassen (24) £23.6m
ST: Onyekuru (20) £7m
ST: Sandro (21) £5.2m
ST: Rooney (31) FREE

Total: £85.8m

OUT:

Kone (Released)
McAleny (Released)
Browning (Loan)
Galloway (Loan)
Onyekuru (Loan)
Cleverley (£8m)
Deulofeu (£10.5m)
Lukaku (£75m)*

Total: £93.5m

* = plus add-ons

Crazy how we've managed to completely overhaul the squad, implementing a whole new, young spine to the team, yet still haven't spent a penny of the £100m! Great business by us this summer so far.

And I'm sure we're not finished yet :cool:

Looking at the signings so far (with more to come!), it looks to me like there are quite a few leaders in that squad already. Hope we have seen the end of the frequent "bottle jobs" from recent years.

Are next position to fill will be a proven striker someone in late 20s most likely but we do need a new LB because last season we depended on sheamus to much from the fall back having someone on the left will make the play down the middle so much easier with width from both sides

Still think we will see a few more out the door yet Robles, McCarthy, Barkley, Barry, Mori and of course Niasse have all been linked away in the last few days, granted not great sources overall, but still.

Would expect Iceland, possibly Giroud to be settled 1 way or another in the next week or so, lots of rumours next week, lots and lots.

IN:

GK: Pickford (23) £25m*
CB: Keane (24) £25m*
CM: Klaassen (24) £23.6m
ST: Onyekuru (20) £7m
ST: Sandro (21) £5.2m
ST: Rooney (31) FREE

Total: £85.8m

OUT:

Kone (Released)
McAleny (Released)
Browning (Loan)
Galloway (Loan)
Onyekuru (Loan)
Cleverley (£8m)
Deulofeu (£10.5m)
Lukaku (£75m)*

Total: £93.5m

* = plus add-ons

Crazy how we've managed to completely overhaul the squad, implementing a whole new, young spine to the team, yet still haven't spent a penny of the £100m! Great business by us this summer so far.

And I'm sure we're not finished yet :cool:

That's insane when looking at like that isn't it. I can see us easily spending another 100m at this rate

35m Gylfi
10m left back
20-30m striker
Winger for 20m

maccavennie never to be seen or heard of again!

Gylfi, a decent LB and Dembele would be amazing.

Still wouldnt mind a CB, though with Kenny and Martina being brought in, it looks like Holgate will be vying for the CB places which im happy with.

Still think we will see a few more out the door yet Robles, McCarthy, Barkley, Barry, Mori and of course Niasse have all been linked away in the last few days, granted not great sources overall, but still.

Would expect Iceland, possibly Giroud to be settled 1 way or another in the next week or so, lots of rumours next week, lots and lots.

Appears to be another 75mil ish there to be brought in...which would leave us with a negative spend of 83mil (with mcgeady/loan fees/and others like rodriguez/tarashaj about 90mil)

So we could see another 90mil spend here with whatever we started with on top.

If we're going after a Giroud/Dost signing it's for a specific reason. Doesn't matter if they're not quick or they're lazy; they'll be targeted to be the focal point around which the other attackers rotate. I prefer Giroud but no qualms if Dost comes in as he's brilliant at what he's played to do.

Exactly.

Our front line is already taking shape:

Sandro
Rooney
Lookman
Mirallas
DCL
Bolasie*
Barkley (may be leaving) - possibly Sigurdsson

One more and we'll be looking very strong.

I don't think that looks strong at all....if Barkley does leave then we have only Sandro who could perform consistently in the left attacking slot.

Barkley/Rooney -- ???/???/DCL -- Sandro/Lookman

Mirallas is selfish and inconsistent
Bolasie is a clown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back