Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think we should avoid all players that are signed to Raiola from now on, don't want him anywhere near our club or earning money from us.

Like signing Lukaku, letting him score a ton of goals and making a huge profit on him is a bad thing?

His agent is a snake, yes. His job is to get his player moves to the highest profile clubs he can. Most of the top agents aren't going to be the nicest people in the world, you can't not sign great players just cos you don't like their agent.

If a player will help improve our team, you sign him, regardless of who his agent is.

Like signing Lukaku, letting him score a ton of goals and making a huge profit on him is a bad thing?

His agent is a snake, yes. His job is to get his player moves to the highest profile clubs he can. Most of the top agents aren't going to be the nicest people in the world, you can't not sign great players just cos you don't like their agent.

If a player will help improve our team, you sign him, regardless of who his agent is.
Unfortunately, this is spot on IMO. You gotta play nice with the agents.

I know he was good in the U20 tournament. He's still only played two games in the league as a substitute and it is going to be a big step up and a lot to ask of him early on in his career. If it is the plan that Koeman and Walsh have then I hope he can rise to the challenge.

We've seen other players do very well for lower level international teams like Ledson and they've been moved on. I just feel like if he is that promising then forcing him into being the starter with only Holgate to challenge him for a spot could be a lot of weight to put on him at the beginning of his career. The highest he's played so far beyond this summer's tournament is with Oxford in League One.

Point taken,though ledson did well in the u17 world cup and this was the u20 competition where he was the outstanding right back.

I'm sure we will see how things go over preseason though martina cannot be better than him or Holgate...broening or pennington

Point taken,though ledson did well in the u17 world cup and this was the u20 competition where he was the outstanding right back.

I'm sure we will see how things go over preseason though martina cannot be better than him or Holgate...broening or pennington

Browning has gone on loan to Sunderland and Holgate and Pennington are CBs.

You put wayyyyyyyyyyyy too much focus on youth tourneys, the "strike rate" from them is very, very poor.

Eh?

Arteta, Cahill, Yakubu, Lukaku?

Or do you mean in the sense of signing a 'proven' quality player in their prime?

Mate, none of them come close to Kanchelskis' ability.

The only way this window surpasses the kancho signing is by signing a player 'up there'.

In my opinion.

You're going way off the actual point here so I'll simply it:

A starting front 3 of Dolberg, Dembele & Sandro will never, ever happen. All 3 whilst talented and with high ceilings haven't kicked a ball in the PL before. Koeman will go for proven hence the Giroud links. One day would I like those 3? Sure. But right now, whilst we're trying to bridge the gap, we need a starting forward that guarantees PL goals.

They do guarantee goals as they are all...goalscorers.

Its a moot point as I actually wrote that it wont happen under my comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back