Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a proven journey man like Martina much better than Kenny (who will be targeted mercilessly by our opponents whenever he plays).

Happy to see that giroud has joined the aresenal tour on their 2 weeks in Asia. Hopefully that means we are getting another striker in instead.

I hope we keep funes mori, I think is a decent squad member and I think can contribute 2-3 goals with his head if I recall in a season.

You think a 'proven' (meaning proven to be league 2 quality) journeyman (meaning not good enough to keep a place as 3rd choice for Southampton) would be better than England and Evertons fantastic right back prospect?

You also don't think that although every left sided player will be licking their lips when facing Martina (as he is so, so, so bad) they would be targeting him? Not a better player?

And you round off by saying you want to keep a player who doesn't tackle because he scores 2 goals a season?

I'm amazed.

Browning has gone on loan to Sunderland and Holgate and Pennington are CBs.

You put wayyyyyyyyyyyy too much focus on youth tourneys, the "strike rate" from them is very, very poor.

I know who has gone on loan, still better than Cucu.

Not sure what youre on about, I seem to remember Real buying a player 16 years old for 36mil from one....

And yet the player I'm referring to is 20 and has done well to win an u17 euros and an u20 world cup.

As a social experiment, I wore my everton shirt to see the New York yankees today in NYC. Seven Americans shouted something along the lines of 'that is where Rooney is going' and three stopped to chat to me about football and everton.

Taking over.

A social experiment ? You mean you wore your shirt out and got some attention?

Why didn't you tell them you were Rooney...that would have been the teaser.

I know who has gone on loan, still better than Cucu.

Not sure what youre on about, I seem to remember Real buying a player 16 years old for 36mil from one....

And yet the player I'm referring to is 20 and has done well to win an u17 euros and an u20 world cup.
Zat, even if Cuco signs, if Kenny is better, Kenny will play. So why the heck do you care either way?

Zat, even if Cuco signs, if Kenny is better, Kenny will play. So why the heck do you care either way?

I'm not that bothered about it tbh...I do find it odd that were into someone whose going to be the worst player in our first team. Seems odd, especially as we could have held an u23 back instead till Jan.

Never deal with Raiola ever again

If we present a wage package that we're happy with and allow no stupid clauses in AND as long as we don't let the contract enter into its penultimate year without a new deal signed, I don't see how it matters who the agent is! We sell when we want and at a price we're happy with.. This is the way the new Everton are operating, and I like it ;)

As a social experiment, I wore my everton shirt to see the New York yankees today in NYC. Seven Americans shouted something along the lines of 'that is where Rooney is going' and three stopped to chat to me about football and everton.

Taking over.

Did something similar when I wore my Everton shirt to a Toronto FC MLS game had a few calls out but as I was leaving the parking lot I saw another Everton shirt across the lot and he saw me we both pointed at each other in an Everton embrace and quickly chatted about never seeing fellow blues.
Taking over indeed!

his point is alot of Americans don't know Everton really but know Rooney, hence the club gaining more attention outside the UK
It's the same here in aus. Had a conversation last night with my farther in law, football popped up he asked how Everton were going and I said we have re-signed Rooney and sold lukaku. He was like wow that's a big name wasn't he at Manchester? Literally had no idea who lukaku was but it showed me how well renowned Rooney is.

Badly need another top centre back, else we are an injury to Keane away from playing a Jagielka and Williams combo which is a year older.

Badly need another top level striker, and another quality player who can play as a wide player in a 4-3-3.

If Martina signs, and we get cover in at left back which we need as well, that's a minimum of 5 more needed to just not have any glaring holes in the squad...

Throw on top Robles wants to leave, and we really need someone with genuine pace up top. Then the figure from Jim white about three more seems ludicrously low balling.

Badly need another top centre back, else we are an injury to Keane away from playing a Jagielka and Williams combo which is a year older.

Badly need another top level striker, and another quality player who can play as a wide player in a 4-3-3.

If Martina signs, and we get cover in at left back which we need as well, that's a minimum of 5 more needed to just not have any glaring holes in the squad...

Throw on top Robles wants to leave, and we really need someone with genuine pace up top. Then the figure from Jim white about three more seems ludicrously low balling.
Can't disagree with your analysis of what is required .......but incredibely difficult to integrate such a large number of players into a squad let alone the first team.

As things stand the only 1st team players from last season who will start v Stoke ( and the really tough games in the 5 weeks after ) are Holgate , Williams , Baines Schneirderlin and Gana .

Like signing Lukaku, letting him score a ton of goals and making a huge profit on him is a bad thing?

His agent is a snake, yes. His job is to get his player moves to the highest profile clubs he can. Most of the top agents aren't going to be the nicest people in the world, you can't not sign great players just cos you don't like their agent.

If a player will help improve our team, you sign him, regardless of who his agent is.

Literally none of this post is any good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back