Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
and if Keane gets a knock, we are left with a defence of Kenny/Martina - Williams - Jagielka and Baines mate

It's not about being well protected, it's about the fact we would be an injury away from having to play a very deep line due to having no pace at the back once again

Our 4 centre backs are including a Jagielka who looks on his last legs and Mori who is an accident waiting to happen - it is only depth if you consider those two players good enough for anything better than a mid table or lower side

Agree with this. Getting good cover for Baines is important too. Can't expect a 32 year old to play 50+ games a season.

I remain surprised that we haven't been linked with another CB. I have no patience anymore. Totally spoiled by the new Ev. What are the odds on Holgate getting a run at CB?

It's being reported that Koeman is expecting another 3 players to come in.

Sigurdsson.

Who else? I can't see Giroud happening, after travelling to Australia/China. VVD has said he wanted to play Champions League.

What's so bad about it?

Most of our summer spending is being funded by having signed Lukaku. If we'd never signed him because we objected to his agent a lot of this summer would never have happened.

If you'd prefer to have less money for us to spend but take the moral high ground, while other teams laugh at us then fair enough, but that's not a good way to run a business.

Absolutely none of our summer spending has been

and if Keane gets a knock, we are left with a defence of Kenny/Martina - Williams - Jagielka and Baines mate

It's not about being well protected, it's about the fact we would be an injury away from having to play a very deep line due to having no pace at the back once again

Our 4 centre backs are including a Jagielka who looks on his last legs and Mori who is an accident waiting to happen - it is only depth if you consider those two players good enough for anything better than a mid table or lower side

The back 5 needed a complete revamp, we've made a good start to that by getting a keeper and centre back in early, but we still definitely need another CB and a left back minimum.

I expect Martina, Siguardsson and Grioud or Bas Dost to sign in a week time.

Robles, Niasse, Grant, Garbutt and McGeady to be sold pretty soon.

If one of McCarthy or Besic is sold I expect another CM coming in.

Rodgruiez to be released on a free cos no one will pay for him.

Tarashaj, Dowell and Pennington to go out on loan before the end of window.

Barkley to be sold on 31/8. That is if he is not signing a new deal.
Tarashaj has just had knee operation so isn't going anywhere

It's being reported that Koeman is expecting another 3 players to come in.

Sigurdsson.

Who else? I can't see Giroud happening, after travelling to Australia/China. VVD has said he wanted to play Champions League.

Giroud going on the tour really doesn't mean anything except that either we haven't bid yet or if we have then it's not progressed to any point of being close

VVD said that? can you show us the quote mate - because i have never raid anything directly from him saying such a thing

The back 5 needed a complete revamp, we've made a good start to that by getting a keeper and centre back in early, but we still definitely need another CB and a left back minimum.

Bingo, especially as the slowness at the back actually undermines the way Koeman likes to press high, we can't as we have to sit deep, and the addition of Keane alone won't suddenly change that

So you DON't want Giroud but you DO want Funes Mori?!?!

Weird
I'm a fan of Moro to be honest, I think he has a bit of everything you need he's just a bit lescott'esq. In that sometimes the simple things seem to go wrong for him but hopefully he can eradicate those 'simple' errors this season

What's so bad about it?

Most of our summer spending is being funded by having signed Lukaku. If we'd never signed him because we objected to his agent a lot of this summer would never have happened.

If you'd prefer to have less money for us to spend but take the moral high ground, while other teams laugh at us then fair enough, but that's not a good way to run a business.

Sorry mate I replied to the wrong post haha.

Edit: Although I will add nothing we've spent so far is 'the Lukaku money'.

I remain surprised that we haven't been linked with another CB. I have no patience anymore. Totally spoiled by the new Ev. What are the odds on Holgate getting a run at CB?

..if you watched the recent U21 Euro's, Holgate was beaten twice resulting in headed goals. In a flat back four I would be very concerned that he would get physically bullied, particularly in the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back