Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a proven journey man like Martina much better than Kenny (who will be targeted mercilessly by our opponents whenever he plays).

Happy to see that giroud has joined the aresenal tour on their 2 weeks in Asia. Hopefully that means we are getting another striker in instead.

I hope we keep funes mori, I think is a decent squad member and I think can contribute 2-3 goals with his head if I recall in a season.

This is the nonsense post I was meant to reply to @whiteshadow

..if you watched the recent U21 Euro's, Holgate was beaten twice resulting in headed goals. In a flat back four I would be very concerned that he would get physically bullied, particularly in the air.

That's a fair shout, I did watch one of those goals. And I agree about physicality. Rail thin. I'm pretty curious about where he'll fit in this year, thought he did quite well last season.

So Sky Sports are saying Marseille have made Celtic's Dembele their no1 transfer target. Could mean they've given up on getting ahead of Everton in the queue for Giroud...

Also: Gylfi to Everton at 4 out of 5 on their dodgy rumour possibility scale.

Marseille have made their move for Dembele. Be interesting to see if we jump in on that one.

Surely he wouldn't want to go to another joke league after being in Scotland?

So Sky Sports are saying Marseille have made Celtic's Dembele their no1 transfer target. Could mean they've given up on getting ahead of Everton in the queue for Giroud...

Best price you can get is 1/7 He's 1/10 with the other bookies offering odds.
That makes it a certainty imo.

Mate, none of them come close to Kanchelskis' ability.

The only way this window surpasses the kancho signing is by signing a player 'up there'.

In my opinion.

So are you saying buying a proven player during his prime, or that he was better for Everton than all of those.

Yakubu not withstanding, as good as Kanchelskis clearly was, I'd say Cahill, Arteta and Lukaku have all had more of an impact (though clearly that should be the case with them all having spent more time at the club).

On talk sport a few minutes ago Alan Brazil asked Ray Wilkins if Dembele is good enough for the Premier League? Ray said No straight away. He used to coach him at Fulham. I think he meant not good enough right this moment, not in the future. Also he may have meant for a top 4 side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back