Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect Martina, Siguardsson and Grioud or Bas Dost to sign in a week time.

Robles, Niasse, Grant, Garbutt and McGeady to be sold pretty soon.

If one of McCarthy or Besic is sold I expect another CM coming in.

Rodgruiez to be released on a free cos no one will pay for him.

Tarashaj, Dowell and Pennington to go out on loan before the end of window.

Barkley to be sold on 31/8. That is if he is not signing a new deal.

....some Monday morning gossip;

- The Star and Mail say Everton will make a £32m bid for Swansea's Gylfi Sigurdsson now that Lukaku has left for Manchester United. The Times' Paul Joyce says Sigurdsson will follow Wayne Rooney to Goodison Park.

- According to the Mirror, Leeds United, Hull City and Middlesbrough are keen on Everton youngster Matthew Pennington.

- InsideFootball report Everton target, Olivier Giroud, is on an Australia bound plane for Arsenal's pre-season tour. Sky Sports journalist, Kaveh Solhekol, tweeted that Everton reckon they have a 50% chance of signing Giroud. The Mirror report Arsenal will demand £30m for the player.

- The DailyCannon links Arsenal and Everton with Bayer Leverkusen's, Karim Bellarabi. The winger is valued at £25m.

- FootballItalia suggest Milan striker M'Baye Niang is frustrated at his lack of options and has asked agent Mino Raiola for an Everton move.

- Italian news outlet Tuttosport report that Inter Milan are keen to land Everton defender Ramiro Funes Mori.

- The Star and Mail say Everton will make a £32m bid for Swansea's Gylfi Sigurdsson now that Lukaku has left for Manchester United. The Times' Paul Joyce says Sigurdsson will follow Wayne Rooney to Goodison Park.

- According to the Mirror, Leeds United, Hull City and Middlesbrough are keen on Everton youngster Matthew Pennington.

- InsideFootball report Everton target, Olivier Giroud, is on an Australia bound plane for Arsenal's pre-season tour. Sky Sports journalist, Kaveh Solhekol, tweeted that Everton reckon they have a 50% chance of signing Giroud. The Mirror report Arsenal will demand £30m for the player.

- The DailyCannon links Arsenal and Everton with Bayer Leverkusen's, Karim Bellarabi. The winger is valued at £25m.

- FootballItalia suggest Milan striker M'Baye Niang is frustrated at his lack of options and has asked agent Mino Raiola for an Everton move.

- Italian news outlet Tuttosport report that Inter Milan are keen to land Everton defender Ramiro Funes Mori.
I do like your gossip digest.

The Daily Eggs.

£30m for Giroud? :pint2:

Niang.....
latest

Don't want you or that leach anywhere near this club!!! :rant:

I like bellarabi

Badly need another top centre back, else we are an injury to Keane away from playing a Jagielka and Williams combo which is a year older.

Badly need another top level striker, and another quality player who can play as a wide player in a 4-3-3.

If Martina signs, and we get cover in at left back which we need as well, that's a minimum of 5 more needed to just not have any glaring holes in the squad...

Throw on top Robles wants to leave, and we really need someone with genuine pace up top. Then the figure from Jim white about three more seems ludicrously low balling.

You can't buy a whole new team in 1 summer. We have 4 centre backs and Holgate. They will be well protected by one of the strongest DM combinations in the league in Morgs and Gana. A striker, a wide forward and a left back for me

Literally none of this post is any good.

What's so bad about it?

Most of our summer spending is being funded by having signed Lukaku. If we'd never signed him because we objected to his agent a lot of this summer would never have happened.

If you'd prefer to have less money for us to spend but take the moral high ground, while other teams laugh at us then fair enough, but that's not a good way to run a business.

I can't remember being as eager for the start of a season as i'm now. We have a really strong team.

I think we should spend money on a CB instead of spending it on Gylfi, who seems to me a great player, but in a position where we already have other players like Barkley, Klassen and Davies. A partner for Keane in defense is more important now.

Can't disagree with your analysis of what is required .......but incredibely difficult to integrate such a large number of players into a squad let alone the first team.

As things stand the only 1st team players from last season who will start v Stoke ( and the really tough games in the 5 weeks after ) are Holgate , Williams , Baines Schneirderlin and Gana .

Yup mate, thankfully the early Europa games give us a boost in getting ready as does having a lot of them in before preseason starts.

Left back, Goalkeeper and hopefully right back will be nothing more than backups and not needed unless of injuries etc anyways - so to a great extent they can be stuck on the back burner and aren't anywhere near as important as other positions.

It 'looks' like Sigurddson will be done relatively soon which sorts out one thing, Giroud hopefully as well before the games start - which sorts out another, IF we are actually looking at another quality player at the back i'm not sure - more of a hope otherwise we are an injury away from playing a centre back pairing that would be a massive weak spot and effectively derail a potentially really good season. a pacey wide player - we've supposedly tried for one early on and are linked with a few on a semi regular basis, so hopefully that doesn't drag on too long.

Problems will arise though if we miss out on any primary targets - as i have no idea who the other options would be for these positions...

As for the integration part - it's far from ideal, but no other option really due to the mess f a squad inherited and the long term injuries we have also - thrown on top of one or two of the guaranteed starters seemingly wanting/or have already got their out from the club.

his point is alot of Americans don't know Everton really but know Rooney, hence the club gaining more attention outside the UK

Yeah I got that...but do they 'know' rooney or just claim to do so?

Could have done a video like you see on youtube asking Americans if they wanted his autograph.

See what the success rate would have been....

You can't buy a whole new team in 1 summer. We have 4 centre backs and Holgate. They will be well protected by one of the strongest DM combinations in the league in Morgs and Gana. A striker, a wide forward and a left back for me

and if Keane gets a knock, we are left with a defence of Kenny/Martina - Williams - Jagielka and Baines mate

It's not about being well protected, it's about the fact we would be an injury away from having to play a very deep line due to having no pace at the back once again

Our 4 centre backs are including a Jagielka who looks on his last legs and Mori who is an accident waiting to happen - it is only depth if you consider those two players good enough for anything better than a mid table or lower side

I think a proven journey man like Martina much better than Kenny (who will be targeted mercilessly by our opponents whenever he plays).

Happy to see that giroud has joined the aresenal tour on their 2 weeks in Asia. Hopefully that means we are getting another striker in instead.

I hope we keep funes mori, I think is a decent squad member and I think can contribute 2-3 goals with his head if I recall in a season.

So you DON't want Giroud but you DO want Funes Mori?!?!

Weird

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back