Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
..if you watched the recent U21 Euro's, Holgate was beaten twice resulting in headed goals. In a flat back four I would be very concerned that he would get physically bullied, particularly in the air.
Wouldnt argue with that in certain games like Stoke and Palace etc. But there seems to be almost an obesession with us that we have a "best XI" and stick to it. Whereas we should be changing our format and personnel to suit out opponents.

Holgates game is better suited to the likes of City Arsenal and Liverpool than playing with slower defenders. His pace would also allow us fo press higher up.

Sometimes you also need to give credit to a vood set piece and header. They aren't always defensive mistakes mate. That u21 German goal an example of a good set piece with the attacker getting a run on the ball. Hard to defend against.

Wouldnt argue with that in certain games like Stoke and Palace etc. But there seems to be almost an obesession with us that we have a "best XI" and stick to it. Whereas we should be changing our format and personnel to suit out opponents.

Holgates game is better suited to the likes of City Arsenal and Liverpool than playing with slower defenders. His pace would also allow us fo press higher up.

Sometimes you also need to give credit to a vood set piece and header. They aren't always defensive mistakes mate. That u21 German goal an example of a good set piece with the attacker getting a run on the ball. Hard to defend against.

Only thing that confuses me is when people say players like Holgate and Galloway aren't strong enough/need to fill out like age is a factor. Surely by now they could have bulked up significantly in the gym?

Only thing that confuses me is when people say players like Holgate and Galloway aren't strong enough/need to fill out like age is a factor. Surely by now they could have bulked up significantly in the gym?
Not all defenders need to be 6'4" alehouses. But it helps if you have one defender in your squad who is dominant in the air for cetain opponents.

I'd be happy to see Mason givenn more minutes as CB in a flat 4 in games we're playing a high press. I think he's class

Not all defenders need to be 6'4" alehouses. But it helps if you have one defender in your squad who is dominant in the air for cetain opponents.

I'd be happy to see Mason givenn more minutes as CB in a flat 4 in games we're playing a high press. I think he's class

Oh I agree; I just meant him and Galloway still look pretty skinny. Confused as to how they've not bulked out more yet.

I'm a fan of Moro to be honest, I think he has a bit of everything you need he's just a bit lescott'esq. In that sometimes the simple things seem to go wrong for him but hopefully he can eradicate those 'simple' errors this season

He is the most uncomfortable player on the ball I've ever seen, I don't like it when the ball goes anywhere near him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back