Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Further down the list is John Ruddy - I'd take him as a backup keeper.

Also on the list is Holger Badstuber: 28, German central defender who came up through Bayern's youth system. Anyone know if he's any good?

Badstuber was great at Bayern in is younger days, but injuries have ruined him.

That's were my Lescott comparison comes from in the main but RK doesn't want ball playing centre halfs or he would not of signed Keane for a kings ransom. Mori is fairly quick (not rapid but close to Keane), he does well in one on one and he's good in the air, which sounds a decent write up but he needs a bit more to his all round game. He's lacking a bit of footballing intelligence at this level but in real terms he's not played many games in English football and he could blossom I don't want another Matterazzi situation because we were impatient!

This bit made me lol

He signed VVD and Alderweireld at Saints fgs.

Keane is also good on the ball. Not Stones standard, but far better than what we have currently.

Koeman was the best 'ball playing CB' there has been in the last 30 years. He knows a good one when he sees one.

I'm a fan of Moro to be honest, I think he has a bit of everything you need he's just a bit lescott'esq. In that sometimes the simple things seem to go wrong for him but hopefully he can eradicate those 'simple' errors this season
I don't mind Mori either. I think Keane, Mori and Williams as our main CBs with Holgate covering in case of emergency isn't bad. It's our fullback positions I am most worried about.

3 more is extremely realistic.

Better to say 3 more and get 5 than say 5 and end up with 3.

Simple psychology. Some fans will flip if we get less than we wanted.
Doubt they would flip after summer we have had. Just shrug shoulders and say that Koeman has what he wanted now he has to mould them into a team.

So are you saying buying a proven player during his prime, or that he was better for Everton than all of those.

Yakubu not withstanding, as good as Kanchelskis clearly was, I'd say Cahill, Arteta and Lukaku have all had more of an impact (though clearly that should be the case with them all having spent more time at the club).

I'm saying the feeling on Christmas morning....

You wake up and get lots of little presents and medium presents and larger presents (like the players we have signed this summer) and you're really happy to receive those presents.

But then you remember when you got the ultra-super-smashing-blow your mind present from a few Christmases before....

Personally I feel that this window would 'need' a signing such as that, one which really captures my own personal imagination for it to be better than when we signed Kanchelskis.

It wouldn't need to be a huge signing like a Koulibaly, it could well be a Sessegnon who i'd enjoy watching develop...but something like that is missing for me out of all of these players for it to upstage Kanchelskis' signing for pure excitement.

This just feels, sensible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back