Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
seen on the BBC website that Giroud has flown to Australia with Arsenal, so I would think a move for him is not imminent. I guess from an arsenal perspective they will want to know what is happening Sanchez before they let Giroud go

giroud.webp

Is it?

Stronger without Lukaku?

Goals win matches. We just saw our top scorer for years walk out and we haven't replaced him. We look pedestrian.

We are in negative net spend right now to the tune of £15M.

WTF is this feller Moshiri getting credit for? We've seen this sell to buy for years and Kenwright rightly got lambasted for it.
So the huge wage increase we now have doesn't count at all then?

Pickford and Keane are better than any keeper/centre half we had last season.

Rooney and Sandro are a massive upgrade on Valencia and Kone

Klaasen for Cleverley is a huge improvement.

No we haven't improved the squad. Yes we need a striker but we won't be going in with what we have and I doubt we will just be pumping long balls up to a bloke who won't chase it either as we have far more quality in forward areas.

Some people are never happy though, you are one of those people.

seen on the BBC website that Giroud has flown to Australia with Arsenal, so I would think a move for him is not imminent. I guess from an arsenal perspective they will want to know what is happening Sanchez before they let Giroud go

View attachment 38610
Its never happening that one.

Start thinking Bas Dost or even Llorente.

Said it from the beginning, Giroud is not tipping up here.

That was last season. Obviously. Just like sales of players like £50M in through the door for Stones was last season.

Two things Dave old boy

Stones was £47m whilst we spent over £65m on the players I mentioned from 'last window'

Bolasie 25m
Morgs 24m
Look man 11
Cana 7

And this window is still open......just saying

So the huge wage increase we now have doesn't count at all then?
Pickford and Keane are better than any keeper/centre half we had last season.
Rooney and Sandro are a massive upgrade on Valencia and Kone
Klaasen for Cleverley is a huge improvement.
No we haven't improved the squad. Yes we need a striker but we won't be going in with what we have and I doubt we will just be pumping long balls up to a bloke who won't chase it either as we have far more quality in forward areas.

Some people are never happy though, you are one of those people.
We just saw the one big difference between us and the other non-elite teams in the PL walk out the door. We are depleted not enriched at the moment. And if we do see more spending we'll also see more sales of our players.

We'll end up at the end of the summer having sold our best two players from last season. That is not building anything.

We just saw the one big difference between us and the other non-elite teams in the PL walk out the door. We are depleted not enriched at the moment. And if we do see more spending we'll also see more sales of our players.

We'll end up at the end of the summer having sold our best two players from last season. That is not building anything.

5 or 6 of the new players are all possibly better than what you seem to be suggesting was our 2nd best player last season though? (I'd also argue that Gueyye was better than Ross last season)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back