Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
No.

Neither were the ones they replace.

The ones we have signed will be on more than the ones going though. More players coming in than going out on more money, it all adds up and nobody ever seems to take wages into account and it does my head in!

We just saw the one big difference between us and the other non-elite teams in the PL walk out the door. We are depleted not enriched at the moment. And if we do see more spending we'll also see more sales of our players.

We'll end up at the end of the summer having sold our best two players from last season. That is not building anything.

Like you i'm a bit skeptical about some of the business we have done. But wait and see and try to be a bit more positive. ;)

Is it?

Stronger without Lukaku?

Goals win matches. We just saw our top scorer for years walk out and we haven't replaced him. We look pedestrian.

We are in negative net spend right now to the tune of £15M.

WTF is this feller Moshiri getting credit for? We've seen this sell to buy for years and Kenwright rightly got lambasted for it.

Good morning Dave, nice to see the broken record is still stuck.

" If " another three come in today, that'll probably take us way out of negative net spend.

It's a big " if " by the way.

Is it?

Stronger without Lukaku?

Goals win matches. We just saw our top scorer for years walk out and we haven't replaced him. We look pedestrian.

We are in negative net spend right now to the tune of £15M.

WTF is this feller Moshiri getting credit for? We've seen this sell to buy for years and Kenwright rightly got lambasted for it.

Yes, it is. This ones down to opinion, and opinions are like a*seholes, everyone's got one, and most are full of sh*te.

5 or 6 of the new players are all possibly better than what you seem to be suggesting was our 2nd best player last season though? (I'd also argue that Gueyye was better than Ross last season)
Out of the incomings I'd say Kenae represents good value for money. possibly Sandro too given the small fee and the league he's come from is a very good one. The GK and that Dutch lad are rip offs.

It's been very hit and miss quality wise.

Rooney is obviously class if we get him on the pitch.

None of the above are Barkley quality though.

The ones we have signed will be on more than the ones going though. More players coming in than going out on more money, it all adds up and nobody ever seems to take wages into account and it does my head in!
Wages go up incrementally each season. That's just a fact of this industry.

It's not a big issue when determining what has been a big spend summer.

Good morning Dave, nice to see the broken record is still stuck.

" If " another three come in today, that'll probably take us way out of negative net spend.

It's a big " if " by the way.
As things stand we have £15M in the club coffers.

We are SAVING this window.

We just saw the one big difference between us and the other non-elite teams in the PL walk out the door. We are depleted not enriched at the moment. And if we do see more spending we'll also see more sales of our players.

We'll end up at the end of the summer having sold our best two players from last season. That is not building anything.
It's hard to argue against that.

In a way we needed to do this whether Rom wanted to leave or not. If Rom picked up a long term injury we would have been seriously in trouble.

Out of the incomings I'd say Kenae represents good value for money. possibly Sandro too given the small fee and the league he's come from is a very good one. The GK and that Dutch lad are rip offs.

Not sure about Pickford myself but I think you will be surprised by Klassen.

The keeper is better than Robles and Stek but I agree he seems overpriced, just the market now over here and in time he may be a bargain for us in the way de Gea was for Man U.

I think Klaassen is a very good player and a bargain when you compare his fee to some this last year or so including a couple we have bought in Bolasie and Niasse.

Still likely to sell Barkley (hopefully not) and McCarthy so there should still be plenty left to spend. £50m for those 2.

Where did the rumours of £100m budget before sales come from?

£150m to spend if we sell the 2 mentioned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back