Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was always my fear that this would happen

I said a while ago that I hoped we wouldn't take the RS route in the transfer market and it 100% has happened

Lashing large amounts of money on average players who will bring little improvement to the overall quality of the squad

We laugh at those lot buying Lallana Lovren and the like well guess What? We are doing the exact same

Buying 7/8 players at once will be a disaster

Except Lallana turned out class and Lovren is improving? What did you want us to do this summer instead? Buy 5 players at £5m each or 2 players at £50m?

The squad needed numbers and PL proven quality costs a bomb these days.

I said a while ago that I hoped we wouldn't take the RS route in the transfer market and it 100% has happened

Lashing large amounts of money on average players who will bring little improvement to the overall quality of the squad

We laugh at those lot buying Lallana Lovren and the like well guess What? We are doing the exact same

If our squad wasn't complete and utter horse manure to begin with I might see your point.

So you'd rather spunk £80m on one great player and have him playing alongside Niasse and Cleverly.

Fantastic logic

I'll settle for champions league next year

I'm currently enjoying everyone talking about the impact we're having in the market knowing that Arsenal, Liverpool, Utd and probably Bournemouth all currently have higher net spends than us.

It's like fans from other teams think we're trying to simply spend tons to improve. We're doing things very cleverly.

He's as good as Jags, trustworthy but not up to much apart from hitting wingers with clearances.
What do you want from a CB mate?. He's decent as in being comfortable on the ball, doesn't panic, has good distribution, both short and long and most importantly he knows how to defend. He ain't a Stones or Luiz but is that what we need.

Don't compare him to Jags mate as a ball player mate. Loved Jags as a defender and in his prime was up with the best in the league. But he was always uncomfortable with the ball at his feet.

People forgetting, blatantly ignoring that over the past 3 seasons at two different clubs Koeman has very effectively managed complete squad overhaul.

In both of his seasons at Saints he consistently lost the best players of the season before, yet they improved having brought in 6-8 new additions.

He knows what he's doing.

The lack of pace in the side is a very real problem

Would seem Koeman wants work horse type players with very little quality

Struggling to see where our goals will come from with the midfield we have, hard to break down but not much in the final third

Struggling to see where our goals will come from with the midfield we have, hard to break down but not much in the final third

It finally looks like we have players who a) can move the ball at pace and b) have good movement.

Do not worry

I'm currently enjoying everyone talking about the impact we're having in the market knowing that Arsenal, Liverpool, Utd and probably Bournemouth all currently have higher net spends than us.

It's like fans from other teams think we're trying to simply spend tons to improve. We're doing things very cleverly.
You were doing ok until you said cleverly:)

Hahahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back