Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bayern could sign him for €35.2m. at the end of the two years as well.

We sign to sign Gylfi for how much?!?
That will have factored in the loan fee they will have paid.. Cant see this being less than 10m per season.

Plus we all know Gylfi isnt worth 50m.

so...

based on the new additions and your presumptions for who's going to be in the lineup, what do you think is koeman's new formation, and what kind of striker do you think would fit well? realistic and reach targets?

It feels to me that the Premier League is closing ranks. They are nervous of our recent transfer dealings. First Swansea put a price on Gylfi which is a strong hands off message and now Wenger has said Giroud cannot leave. Interesting. Swansea want to stay in teh league and Arsenal do not want to strengthen an emerging competitor.

Will be interesting to see what we do next. Abroad or push hard.
Love a good conspiracy theory me.

I love the way this net spend argument is not being dragged back to last season.

Oh dear.

Err... I didn't mention net spend. We've bought a lot of players in a short space of time and sold a very expensive player. Practically impossible for us to have significant net spend for the summer.

Err... I didn't mention net spend. We've bought a lot of players in a short space of time and sold a very expensive player. Practically impossible for us to have significant net spend for the summer.
...yeah, there's always some excuse.

That's why nothing has changed.

Easy really though isn't it?

Spend what comes in and spend £50M on top...we are seeing almost a complete gutting of last season's team upfront and we desperatley need other positions strengthened.

...yeah, there's always some excuse.

That's why nothing has changed.

Easy really though isn't it?

Spend what comes in and spend £50M on top...we are seeing almost a complete gutting of last season's team upfront and we desperatley need other positions strengthened.
I think you'll think differently when you see our wage bill next year.

It's weird, isn't it? The elite sign each others players for FAR less than what any other club would sign them at.
They also sell their players to the rest of the leagues for far cheaper. In football the money does actually trickle down.

I think the reason why is when a player leaves a top club it's normally because he has failed or is surplus to requirements. Not always but the exceptions tend to be the ones that break records.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back