Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lukaku, Barkley, McCarthy...they'll all leave and a large amount of wages will be saved.

Who are the big earners coming beside Rooney? Maybe one other forward will command a hefty fee.

As said, it'll be more than last season. But that's in line with what's been happening anyway. It's no indicator that we've shifted gear.
McCarthy surely not a big earner. Barkley hasn't left yet, and also isn't a massive earner at the moment. Meanwhile we've brought in Rooney on £120k a week, and 3 players who all cost £25m or over, and so will probably be on double what players like Cleverly and Niasse are on.

For me, you have a statement window when you keep all your best talent and spend big on top.

Selling your best to fund spending is same old same old.

It just is.

IN
Keane 25mil (to 30mil)
Pickford 25mil (to 30mil)
Klaassen 24mil
Onyekuru 6.8mil
Sandro 5.2mil
Bowler 1.5mil
Rooney
Mathis
Markelo

Total approx. - 87.5mil (to 97.5mil)

OUT
Lukaku 75mil (to 90mil)
Deulofeu 10.5mil
Cleverley 8mil

Total approx. - 93.5mil (to 108.5mil)

McCarthy
Mori
Robles
Barkley
Garbutt
McGeady
And others

Theres 80 odd mil there.....

If we don't spend more than 80mil then other than Steve Walsh recycling 175mil in and out then the club wont have spent a bean in transfers.

If we want to show we mean business then we should be spending big on a top centre back and a top lukaku replacement.

McCarthy surely not a big earner. Barkley hasn't left yet, and also isn't a massive earner at the moment. Meanwhile we've brought in Rooney on £120k a week, and 3 players who all cost £25m or over, and so will probably be on double what players like Cleverly and Niasse are on.
Since last season's accounts look at the number who left the club. It;s a small army.

I accept that the players bought this summer will push wages up and keep that trend on the up-curve, but I dont see it being the key to point to when net spend is lowish to allow anyone to say: 'well that's where the difference is being made'.

IN
Keane 25mil (to 30mil)
Klaassen 24mil
Onyekuru 6.8mil
Sandro 5.2mil
Bowler 1.5mil
Rooney
Mathis
Markelo

OUT
Lukaku 75mil (to 90mil)
Deulofeu 10.5mil
Cleverley 8mil

McCarthy
Mori
Robles
Barkley
Garbutt
McGeady
And others

If we don't spend more than 80mil then other than Steve Walsh recycling 175mil in and out then the club wont have spent a bean in transfers.

If we want to show we mean business then we should be spending big on a top centre back and a top lukaku replacement.

Totally agree Zat, its all about making a statement, screw that building a squad bollox, a squad isnt important, its all about improving our overall team rating on FIFA, mind you, our team chemistry is gonna take a massive, massive hit the next update.

Totally agree Zat, its all about making a statement, screw that building a squad bollox, a squad isnt important, its all about improving our overall team rating on FIFA, mind you, our team chemistry is gonna take a massive, massive hit the next update.
ffs ebeton how am i supposed to play?!?!

IN
Keane 25mil (to 30mil)
Klaassen 24mil
Onyekuru 6.8mil
Sandro 5.2mil
Bowler 1.5mil
Rooney
Mathis
Markelo

OUT
Lukaku 75mil (to 90mil)
Deulofeu 10.5mil
Cleverley 8mil

McCarthy
Mori
Robles
Barkley
Garbutt
McGeady
And others

Yep. I think most of them will leave too.

I'll be surprised to see more than a smallish net spend. I stated at the beginning of the summer it needed to be £50M but I expected circa £20M. I reckon that wont be too far away from the reality...or even a smaller net spend that.

How is he building a squad by selling our best players?

He isn't selling our best players by choice. One of them has left to play CL football, and the other won't sign a contract so we will lose him on a free if we don't sell him.
If he'd have insisted on a massive spend last season it might not have come to a player wanting to leave. We might be in the CL next season ourselves and keep hold of him/them.

Whatever way it's cut, it's not building a squad. Its churn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back