Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he'd have insisted on a massive spend last season it might not have come to a player wanting to leave. We might be in the CL next season ourselves and keep hold of him/them.

Whatever way it's cut, it's not building a squad. Its churn.

If we sack that Spanish clown in December instead of May, koeman would have 6 months to assess the squad and make a better judgement and spend big last summer.

Oh hey up, I get the chance to destroy Zatman and Davek ere, what a time to be alive.

Hes chatting utter wham.

Totally agree Zat, its all about making a statement, screw that building a squad bollox, a squad isnt important, its all about improving our overall team rating on FIFA, mind you, our team chemistry is gonna take a massive, massive hit the next update.

Yep. I think most of them will leave too.

I'll be surprised to see more than a smallish net spend. I stated at the beginning of the summer it needed to be £50M but I expected circa £20M. I reckon that wont be too far away from the reality...or even a smaller net spend that.

How is he building a squad by selling our best players?

Well when you sell 3 players and buy 7 players, its called building a squad.

He isn't selling our best players by choice. One of them has left to play CL football, and the other won't sign a contract so we will lose him on a free if we don't sell him.

I'm looking at this from a couple of angles....

1-- Is the first 11 better
2 -- Is the squad better
3 -- Have we actually invested money

I noticed @davek making a comment about the fact we haven't actually spent money and yet people are saying we're going all out lol

Not at this moment were not...
McCarthy surely not a big earner. Barkley hasn't left yet, and also isn't a massive earner at the moment. Meanwhile we've brought in Rooney on £120k a week, and 3 players who all cost £25m or over, and so will probably be on double what players like Cleverly and Niasse are on.

Since last season's accounts look at the number who left the club. It;s a small army.

I accept that the players bought this summer will push wages up and keep that trend on the up-curve, but I dont see it being the key to point to when net spend is lowish to allow anyone to say: 'well that's where the difference is being made'.

Well when you sell 3 players and buy 7 players, its called building a squad.

I wonder how many players have actually left compared to ins...must be very similar and after we have our clearout of the players I listed already (at a guess) then that's going to go a very long way to cover any wage additions

So far....it seems the money isn't being spent...I personally feel we need to be 50-100mil of actual spends at the end of the window to show were actually 'going all out'.

I'm looking at this from a couple of angles....

1-- Is the first 11 better
2 -- Is the squad better
3 -- Have we actually invested money

I noticed @davek making a comment about the fact we haven't actually spent money and yet people are saying we're going all out lol

Not at this moment were not...

I wonder how many players have actually left compared to ins...must be very similar and after we have our clearout of the players I listed already (at a guess) then that's going to go a very long way to cover any wage additions

So far....it seems the money isn't being spent...I personally feel we need to be 50-100mil of actual spends at the end of the window to show were actually 'going all out'.

1-- Is the first 11 better YES
2 -- Is the squad better YES
3 -- Have we actually invested money NOT YET

1-- Is the first 11 better YES
2 -- Is the squad better YES
3 -- Have we actually invested money NOT YET

@davek

And so at this moment in time....Davek is correct.

To be honest, if we did sell those players I named for 80mil and spent a similar amount on a Centre forward, left back and centre back who were all very good players then we could all (davek included) be quite impressed by Walsh increasing the quality of the squad with no expenditure.

However, that's not us spending money and showing ambition with intelligent next level signings.

The papers across Europe are all noticing and being fed info of who weve signed and whose next....heres where we go for our TOP targets and take the first eleven up another level and show we mean business....

Or we sign Martina and an overpriced Sigurdsson...

We got 75mil for lukaku...go and drop an offer in for Morata, Icardi, Dolberg, Belotti.....make some strong moves.

@davek

To be honest, if we did sell those players I named for 80mil and spent a similar amount on a Centre forward, left back and centre back who were all very good players then we could all (davek included) be quite impressed by Walsh increasing the quality of the squad with no expenditure.

However, that's not us spending money and showing ambition with intelligent next level signings.

The papers across Europe are all noticing and being fed info of who weve signed and whose next....heres where we go for our TOP targets and take the first eleven up another level and show we mean business....

We got 75mil for lukaku...go and drop an offer in for Morata, Icardi, Dolberg, Belotti.....make some strong moves.

We sold 3 players and bought 7, we improved the squad, keep waiting for a statement, we made 1 yesterday, but you missed it.

@davek

I'd argue that the 4 players you've mentioned at the end of your post have no interest in moving to us at the moment.

I'd argue that the 4 players you've mentioned at the end of your post have no interest in moving to us at the moment.

I'd probably concur. If that's the case then we speak with their agents and gauge interest...which we may well have done.

But with such publicity across the continent now is the time to make waves. Get one or two players of a higher level in then were nicely set up for future windows when we can aim for that level player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back