Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please get Sigurdsson, a striker and centre back. I hope Koeman sees the need for a top striker being brought in, but the lack of links concerns me somewhat! He surely doesn't think we're ok up top right?

We are very nearly there with the squad

Martina comes in to cover for Coleman
Sigurdsson comes in to replace the presumably departing Barkley
A target man (hopefully Giroud) has been on Ron's list all summer and we've been linked with loads of them
We need cover at left back as we have no natural left back near the 1st team picture who can challenge/deputise for Baines, and with Baines being 33 in December that's a fairly urgent one

That's 4 I think we definitely need/will be getting in some for or another

With Bolasie being injured, we are lacking any real pace to our attack (Sandro isn't slow, but not really fast), argument that we could do with one more here.
Most people aren't fans of Jags and/or Funes Mori and/or Williams, so if any of those guys leave I'd suggest we should be on the look out for one more there

Other than that, there's a number of players we could dispense with as well - Joel, Garbutt, Barry or Besic (not both), McCarthy, Niasse, McGeady and maybe Lennon (although I doubt we'd sell him TBH)

Really is beginning to take shape with proper depth in most areas.

What happens if he suffers a set back? Or breaks down again... or never actually gets back to his previous level ? I would be looking for a first choice RB imo
Find a first choice LB to push Baines, and let the kids plus Cuco fight for RB for now.

Maybe pick up someone to challenge Coleman if the kids don't progress this season

A lot of comments about lack of pace if we sign siggy and Giroud.

Lookman, Mirallas, Sandro alone offer pace in wide positions. Gana and Davies aren't slow and Davvy Klassen reminds me of a Dirk Kuyt...not blistering pace but non stop energy and determination.

I don't buy into teams needing all out pace like Liverpools attack. What did that get them last season? 4th? Not good enough.

We are very nearly there with the squad

Martina comes in to cover for Coleman
Sigurdsson comes in to replace the presumably departing Barkley
A target man (hopefully Giroud) has been on Ron's list all summer and we've been linked with loads of them
We need cover at left back as we have no natural left back near the 1st team picture who can challenge/deputise for Baines, and with Baines being 33 in December that's a fairly urgent one

That's 4 I think we definitely need/will be getting in some for or another

With Bolasie being injured, we are lacking any real pace to our attack (Sandro isn't slow, but not really fast), argument that we could do with one more here.
Most people aren't fans of Jags and/or Funes Mori and/or Williams, so if any of those guys leave I'd suggest we should be on the look out for one more there

Other than that, there's a number of players we could dispense with as well - Joel, Garbutt, Barry or Besic (not both), McCarthy, Niasse, McGeady and maybe Lennon (although I doubt we'd sell him TBH)

Really is beginning to take shape with proper depth in most areas.
I thought McGeady was already gone. We need to get rid of Niasse soon because I suspect we won't get a backup LB until he goes.

Maybe when we get rid of McCarthy we might revisit the RB slot. Joel will need replaced. I can't see any of the others either going or worth anything if they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back