Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton are closing in on Newcastle starlet Lewis Gibson.

Sportsmail understands discussions between both clubs are at an advanced stage.

The Toffees hope to have a deal agreed before the start of next week.

The 16-year-old is viewed as one of the brightest young talents in the country and his exit would come as a blow to the Magpies.

Indeed, the capture of Gibson would come as a huge victory for Everton's head of recruitment Steve Walsh, with all of England's top clubs tracking the left sided defender.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...astle-starlet-Lewis-Gibson.html#ixzz4mp9kw4tV

Hope we loan him to Sunderland.

The 16-year-old is viewed as one of the brightest young talents in the country and his exit would come as a blow to the Magpies.

Indeed, the capture of Gibson would come as a huge victory for Everton's head of recruitment Steve Walsh, with all of England's top clubs tracking the left sided defender.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...astle-starlet-Lewis-Gibson.html#ixzz4mp9kw4tV

...left back. I think he's the lad who missed in the penalty shoot-out for England U18s in the Euro's final against Spain this summer. He is highly rated.

I have a feeling we get Sigurdsson and Giroud - plus another defender as cover for Mori (VVD or Koulibaly would be nice!).

That would probably be it - but what a window that would be for us! Even if we do get Giroud, I still think we need one more up front and a winger though.

So based on what Joyce says (that we have bid 30m including addons) you would imagine there is work to do considering there is a 20m difference.

I think we will spend more or less what we bring in. Maybe a little more but right back is more important. At least we have a player who is a decent LB and two decent CBs. Right now we can't even field a proper starting RB unless this kid who didn't get a chance last season is brilliant.

"fine" is not enough though, We could lose games on the back of not having a decent enough,experienced RB

LB -- Baines / Connolly
CB -- Williams / Keane /Jagielka / Pennnington
RB -- Kenny / Holgate

That's how we look at the moment in preseason.

Seems imperative to sign a CB to me.

Koeman will give the others a chance.

Havent we been linked to him for months?

Good to add to our English youth
It must gutting and sobering for Newcastle, that Everton can just go in and nab their best prospect from their academy. Just another indication of highly regarded our academy is and the coaches that work there. I've often said it can't be underestimated the importance of the likes of tom Davies in our first team. Young players realise that if you have talent and work hard and are good enough, you will be given an opportunity. That isn't the case at other top clubs.

Educate me @MorgsGoat

That mean hes a Left Back, or a Centre Half, who is suited to being the one to the left of the keeper? Stage left that is.

...left back. I think he's the lad who missed in the penalty shoot-out for England U18s in the Euro's final against Spain this summer. He is highly rated.

He did miss the pen.

Plays at 3 for England U17 and appears to play LB, other things indicate hes a CB.

No idea at all.

It must gutting and sobering for Newcastle, that Everton can just go in and nab their best prospect from their academy. Just another indication of highly regarded our academy is and the coaches that work there. I've often said it can't be underestimated the importance of the likes of tom Davies in our first team. Young players realise that if you have talent and work hard and are good enough, you will be given an opportunity. That isn't the case at other top clubs.

100% a left back via two papers we cant link. I'd quoted already so thought I may as well reply even if a couple of you knew already :eek:

@rochdaleblue this is precisely why having Pickford and Keane join at the 23-24 age range + having then Galloway, Holgate around 21 then the lower younger tier of Davies, Walsh, Dowell, Connolly, Kenny, DCL and Lookman bodes so well for bringing through our own young players (not getting their heads turned) and also bringing in others such as Gibson and Bowler.

These lads want to see routes into the team and they want to be watched by England scouts...

You get it all with us :) I do hope we sign Hirst and Brooks as well...just keep hoovering up the England youth players...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back