Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me;

Right back -- Kenny and Holgate are both fine. Holgate had a lot of games for us and England u21s here and Kenny was arguably player of the u20 world cup, has had loan spells and people who watch the u23s rate him very highly.

Left back -- Baines isn't the player he once was and there's no way he can play across 4 competitions. I think Koeman is looking at Connolly to see how he does in preseason and decide if he stays as rotation or goes on loan and we sign someone to take over from Baines .

Centre back -- Michael Keane is the starter and other than him we have two fast fading centre backs in Williams and Jags who are fine to rotate in/out but not to play consistently. Pennington needs a loan with a view to a sale.

I'd be hopeful we splash big on a partner for Keane. The only reason I could think not to do so would be if Koeman just wants to get a year more from Jags and Williams then make a superstar centre back his priority signing next summer. The same with Baines, perhaps he wants to give the young England u20 players a go?

Holgate plays like a CB playing RB, hes not fine at all, the lads only young, but hes not a good RB, hes semi decent, his future, if he bulks out will be at CB, if not, it will be in League Two.

Thankfully Cuco will save our right side.

Just listening to The Joyce there, hes saying that he thinks we will get Iceland and a target man, he seems to think Giroud will move to Dortmund if that player with the weird name moves and a left sided CB, then he thinks thats out lot!

Just the ten senior pros into the side then TransferFrandel

Maybe he will be sent out on loan for a year
Seemingly there's a few clubs interested

hes been out on loan loads already. the fella isnt good enough for PL football at the minute, for the sake of his own career he should probably move on to a championship team and hope he can progress enough in next couple of yrs to come back as PL player.

No real complaints from me there.

The squad will be bulky enough to fight on all 4 fronts, with a route to the first team for any yoots ready to make the step.

Can I share with you my thoughts please?

Before I was think pass pass pass pass shooting at goal GOAL but now I am thinking long accurate pass from the back instant control Rooney back into midfield pass pass pass ok keeper now very comfortable Rooney 30 YARDS OUT HITS IT WELL OH WHAT A STUNNER

And variations of this all season

Just listening to The Joyce there, hes saying that he thinks we will get Iceland and a target man, he seems to think Giroud will move to Dortmund if that player with the weird name moves and a left sided CB, then he thinks thats out lot!

Is he assuming martina is done? And if joel leaves i expect a keeper too?

I get a right rush every now and then when I think about Keane heading balls away, Pickford doing a few class saves and pinging the ball down the pitch, Klaassen knitting things all over the pitch, Rooney smacking some long range shots at the keeper & Sandro bending a free-kick in from the corner flag.

And that's just who we have so far.

Pickford and Keane are the two I'm most pleased with. Both up for the YPOTY award by their fellow peers and both in crucial positions and both English.

I wonder if we will see a few caps awarded to them and others soon...

100% a left back via two papers we cant link. I'd quoted already so thought I may as well reply even if a couple of you knew already :eek:

@rochdaleblue this is precisely why having Pickford and Keane join at the 23-24 age range + having then Galloway, Holgate around 21 then the lower younger tier of Davies, Walsh, Dowell, Connolly, Kenny, DCL and Lookman bodes so well for bringing through our own young players (not getting their heads turned) and also bringing in others such as Gibson and Bowler.

These lads want to see routes into the team and they want to be watched by England scouts...

You get it all with us :) I do hope we sign Hirst and Brooks as well...just keep hoovering up the England youth players...
Good shout. Forgot about them two. To have 5 players at the under 20 World Cup is no mean feat and it will have got the attention of other top young players at other academies , even if they are already internationals (Hirst and Brooks).

Can I share with you my thoughts please?

Before I was think pass pass pass pass shooting at goal GOAL but now I am thinking long accurate pass from the back instant control Rooney back into midfield pass pass pass ok keeper now very comfortable Rooney 30 YARDS OUT HITS IT WELL OH WHAT A STUNNER

And variations of this all season

Pass, pass, Klaassen GOL, pass, pass, Pickford save, long throw, Sandro GOL.

Is he assuming martina is done? And if joel leaves i expect a keeper too?

He didnt mention Martina in that, hes said it will be done this weekend tho, never mentioned Joel, just said that when we have signed the 3 players, we will focus on outgoings cos the squad is getting big.

It is hard not to get a bit excited about all this.

1st team improvements, plus boosting our World Cup winning youngsters.

Reckon there is a plan somewhere.

Good Times.
Very much so mate. The focus has been on young, proven Premiership talent (Keane, Pickford) young foreign talent (klassen, Henry and Sandro) and proven experienced talent (Rooney and possibly siguardsson and giroud). That is a nice blend there, with the emphasis on youth. Allied to this the continued acquisitions to strengthen our academy, it is indeed a positive time to be an evertonian.

He’s 23 soon mate and they were not mistakes, he looked out of his depth. Seen him a few times in the rezzies and he looked like Jags 2.0 . Won’t make it.
Well I've only seen him once live so I'll take your word for it.
But for Koeman to throw him into a Derby he must have seen something there , unless it was sink or swim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back