Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm watching the concacaf gold cup match between Mexico and Curaçao. Mexico has just won 2-0; however the interesting bit is that during the match, after the Curaçao keeper had made a spectacular save, the commentator mentioned that he was a player of interest for Everton.

His name is Moon and he currently plays for Vittesse in Belgium, so it's not so far fetched. He was the outstanding player for Curaçao.

Given the lads name the obvious reply kinda jumped out at me

Koemans said one or two players..

So is he lying!?

Ross looks like he's going.

So it's looking like a minus net spend. Argue otherwise?
Errr... yeah.

You know the transfer fee quoted in the papers is only a part of the money it takes to bring in a player, right?

Our wage bill has gone absolutely through the roof this season. Each player that we've signed will have had significant signing bonuses included in their deal.

So yeah, *IF* we end up with a slightly negative net spend (which isn't certain at this point anyway) then yeah, we'll have still outlaid a fortune this window.

And that's ignoring the argument that when you sell a player for nearly £100m (a player who had made it clear he wanted to leave the club - we didn't WANT to sell him), it becomes rather difficult to have a significantly positive net spend without buying an entire new team (we won't be far off doing that, including breaking our transfer record 3 times, and it'll still be touch and go!).

But then you know this... Your Davek facsimile act is becoming somewhat dull.

They are one and the same
They're not. I mostly can't stand Davek and the way he hijacks almost every thread to spin it into a whinge against Moshiri or Koeman, , but he's way more creative in his overriding, overarching negativity. d4kyxx is like a photocopy of a photocopy.

Koemans said one or two players..

So is he lying!?

Ross looks like he's going.

So it's looking like a minus net spend. Argue otherwise?

The very mention of the term "Net spend" tells me you haven't got the faintest idea about how financials work in football.

You're using that to argue that we aren't investing this season, our actual "Net spend" when you take into account the associated costs with acquiring a player is very significant.

Be arsed with another week of Sigurdsson nonsense (how quickly we become spoilt transfer brats now we're cashed up), reckon we throw a sizeable bid in for Mahrez, see what happens.

Sigurdsson, Giroud and Tierney would be the last three really strong signings of the window, and they're all somewhat realistic acquisitions IMO

We'd have to pay over the odds for all of them like, but they'd really strengthen us

Next season is going to be tough as we try and bed them all in, but Koeman has experience of doing that in the past so I'll be optimistic

I really struggle to understand some of the posters on here. If we dont buy anybody, they want to raise a lynch mob! if we do buy somebody, but it wasnt the somebody their peerless expertise had decided we should buy, lynch mob again. If we buy loads of players, all of whom we would have creamed over last season, then sell a couple of players who patently do not want to remain with us, oops, wheres me pitchfork and my flaming torch?

I genuinely struggle,to see how such people can get any joy from life? By all means have an opinion that differs from the masses, but for gods sake if you cannot take any pleasure at all from this window, you need to follow a different sport?

I really struggle to understand some of the posters on here. If we dont buy anybody, they want to raise a lynch mob! if we do buy somebody, but it wasnt the somebody their peerless expertise had decided we should buy, lynch mob again. If we buy loads of players, all of whom we would have creamed over last season, then sell a couple of players who patently do not want to remain with us, oops, wheres me pitchfork and my flaming torch?

I genuinely struggle,to see how such people can get any joy from life? By all means have an opinion that differs from the masses, but for gods sake if you cannot take any pleasure at all from this window, you need to follow a different sport?

'Something something something NET SPEND something something'

Sigurdsson, Giroud and Tierney would be the last three really strong signings of the window, and they're all somewhat realistic acquisitions IMO

We'd have to pay over the odds for all of them like, but they'd really strengthen us

Next season is going to be tough as we try and bed them all in, but Koeman has experience of doing that in the past so I'll be optimistic

Yes, Yes and Yes from me mate.

I'd also think we should just go balls deep for VVD, why not- worst that can happen is they say no.

As a cherry on the top of the summer transfer cake, that would make some statement if he arrived.

NEA about the fee's they'd all cost either, if Sandro and the Nigerian lad we loaned to Anderlecht develop half decently then there is probably about 70-80 worth of future profit those two alone in a couple of seasons they way transfer fees have shot up now anyway.

Bang on mate, but you have to realise that their posturing is simply an attempt to put themselves in the limelight. The debate and argument is secondary to the number of replies and responses they can generate, heightened moments of climax are reached when posts they started get into pages of 50 or more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back