Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was Gibson you preferred over Mawson?

Surely Toulouse wont get anything near 30mil for Issa Diop?
I'd also thought his passing wasn't the best but here they agree with me but also claim hes a ball player http://outsideoftheboot.com/2017/03/26/scout-report-issa-diop-toulouses-imposing-centre-back/

I like the boy but 30mil seems a lot for Toulouse.

Gibson was the one I chose when you asked me for a left-footer - in general though I like Mawson but English so £££.

Toulouse manager or chairman has already said he'll cost €40-50m and suspect Lafont wouldn't be far behind. Toulouse aren't a big club but they won't be ignoring the market prices at the moment.

As would I.

Boscagli is a bit short for a CB though under 6ft I read, these French lads coming through all look good but all seem to have one weakness each.

For the cost, could buy him, Sarr and Diop for the same fee as a good centre back.

Safer option and immediate payback would be a Tierney/Chilwell and a big name CB as well of course.

I do like the idea of 3 for the price of one though lol

Good job you weren't about when Baresi was coming through the Milan ranks Zat!!

I jest...

Gibson was the one I chose when you asked me for a left-footer - in general though I like Mawson but English so £££.

Toulouse manager or chairman has already said he'll cost €40-50m and suspect Lafont wouldn't be far behind. Toulouse aren't a big club but they won't be ignoring the market prices at the moment.

Wow, theyre really demanding the big money for him. The boy is going to be the real deal, theres nothing more obvious...but he just needs to keep improving. I do wonder if Monaco and/or PSG wont just hoover up these boys.

Wow, theyre really demanding the big money for him. The boy is going to be the real deal, theres nothing more obvious...but he just needs to keep improving. I do wonder if Monaco and/or PSG wont just hoover up these boys.

Possibly but they have their own academy players. France is the place to shop though IMO. Absolutely tons of youth players there I'd love to sign. Amine Harit just went to Schalke for like £7m he's going to be a star.

I literally woke up in the middle of the night, saw newsnow and noticed no-one had linked Kimpembe so added a couple of vids and back to sleep.

Didn't realise we'd made an approach and been rejected? Thought it was just saying we had opened talks/channels? Would be odd to approach PSG if there was no chance of him leaving (that's sooooo last year!)

He's seems to have a lot of attributes to me but is very left footed and not the tallest. Absolutely rapid though and like a Duracell bunny never giving up.

I wonder if (as I mentioned a few times) were going after Sigurdsson and a forward then making sales + will then sort the defence out once Koeman has assessed the oldies like Jags, Williams and Baines + the youngsters, Kenmy, Holgate, Connolly. That would make the most sense to me.

Kimpembe, Sarr and Riedewald -- all three are young and are seen as LCB's who can play LB also (Rieldewald is looking more and more like Galloway to me though). So it looks like were looking for a partner for Keane but to slowly ease him in to games at LB before pushing out Williams January onwards as the first choice Keane partner.

To be honest, its not easy to think of players who are big enough to play CB (bigger than Galloway/Holgate) who can also play at LB.

Theres a lot of super kids emerging from France's youth teams but all of them have at least one weakness I can see...

Sarr -- Not the tallest and almost seemed languid sometimes
Kimpembe -- Not the tallest and very left footed
Diop -- A man mountain but hard to tell if he has good enough passing ability at Toulouse.

Zat, you need to read that first paragraph again and have a good think about it :

( a ) - is it normal ?

( b) - not normal ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back