Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looked pretty cut and dry that PSG said no, but it does make it very likely that we're looking at young, left-sided CBs who could maybe take over from Williams next season (Kimpembe, Sarr, Riedewald)

right, so then. We tried to get kolasinic right at the start of the summer, would have been the first bit of business we would have done. Yet since then, nothing on the left back front. Do people think we just tried to get him because he was a great player available on a free, or will we revisit the left back option after we've got the striker and siggurdsson out of the way?

I presume it was fairly low on the priorities list, as it would have been for me tbh and we just tried kolasinic because we knew we couldn't wait on that one. But surely we'll get someone in, whether it be first choice or backup, all of possible cover options have been sent out on loan or are injured.

Maybe he thinks Connolly can do a job at left back? He started him the other day.

What a signing kolasinic would have been. Despite all the big money signings, he would have been right up there with our best signings. Our loss, is very much arsenals gain.

maybe, but myself, i don't understand how he's trust connolly in that way but not kenny. Unless garbutt will be given a chance to compete with conolly. That'd be 3 right backs and 3 left backs.

Unless he's biding his time for a Shaw or Bertrand to become available otherwise he will be looking for cheap or freebie cover. Saving the money for the playmaker and striker?Left back might be one of the big signings in Jan/ next summer?

Oh lord yes please!!!

That guy is defensive sex on toast

I literally woke up in the middle of the night, saw newsnow and noticed no-one had linked Kimpembe so added a couple of vids and back to sleep.

Didn't realise we'd made an approach and been rejected? Thought it was just saying we had opened talks/channels? Would be odd to approach PSG if there was no chance of him leaving (that's sooooo last year!)

He's seems to have a lot of attributes to me but is very left footed and not the tallest. Absolutely rapid though and like a Duracell bunny never giving up.

I wonder if (as I mentioned a few times) were going after Sigurdsson and a forward then making sales + will then sort the defence out once Koeman has assessed the oldies like Jags, Williams and Baines + the youngsters, Kenmy, Holgate, Connolly. That would make the most sense to me.

Kimpembe, Sarr and Riedewald -- all three are young and are seen as LCB's who can play LB also (Rieldewald is looking more and more like Galloway to me though). So it looks like were looking for a partner for Keane but to slowly ease him in to games at LB before pushing out Williams January onwards as the first choice Keane partner.

To be honest, its not easy to think of players who are big enough to play CB (bigger than Galloway/Holgate) who can also play at LB.

Theres a lot of super kids emerging from France's youth teams but all of them have at least one weakness I can see...

Sarr -- Not the tallest and almost seemed languid sometimes
Kimpembe -- Not the tallest and very left footed
Diop -- A man mountain but hard to tell if he has good enough passing ability at Toulouse.

.....a round up of rumours for Tuesday morning;

- RMC Sport says Everton and Liverpool are linked with a swoop for 21 year old PSG central defender, Presnel Kimpembe. The player is under contract until 2021 and it is very unlikely the Parisians would be willing to sell.

- 4th Official reports Everton interest in £30m Arsenal winger, Theo Walcott.

- According to the Daily Mail, Birmingham City manager Harry Redknapp wants to take Everton's Aaron Lennon on loan.

- The Croydon Advertiser suggests Crystal Palace want to take Arsenal defender, Calum Chambers, on loan with a view to buy. Everton have also shown interest in Chambers.

- The Daily Mail say Leicester are preparing to hijack Everton's move for Gylfi Sigurdssson, offering the player £125k per week.

- The Mail also reports that Spurs are cooling their interest in Ross Barkley. Tottenham have been put off by the asking price and are looking at options elsewhere. Chelsea and Arsenal could also be keen on Barkley as they need to increase their 'homegrown' quota. Barkley is absent from Everton's trip to Holland and Belgium.

- According to a report from Marca, Everton are plotting a move for La La Liga winger Jonathan Viera. Everton are apparently happy to pay the full 30m Euros release clause the player has with his club Las Palnas. Swansea City are also interested.

- The Independent reports Everton interest in Porto defender Bruno Martins-Indi who has previously played for Ronald Koeman. Crystal Palace and Stoke are competing for the player and Everton have only registered their interest at the last minute.

- Sky Sports say Everton is one of a number of clubs interested in taking Chelsea forward, Loic Remy.

Keita Balde reports surfacing again, although he apparently jibbed us off earlier in the window. Can we just throw money at him? Probably the best player we've been linked to so far

Edit: actually can we just sign him and Emerson from Roma and sort out our left hand side for abar 8 years for ~£45m...why doesn't Walsh ever answer my emails about these things?

Errm, think he's just or about too anyway, sign for inter as the peresic replacement mate.

.....a round up of rumours for Tuesday morning;

- RMC Sport says Everton and Liverpool are linked with a swoop for 21 year old PSG central defender, Presnel Kimpembe. The player is under contract until 2021 and it is very unlikely the Parisians would be willing to sell.

- 4th Official reports Everton interest in £30m Arsenal winger, Theo Walcott.

- According to the Daily Mail, Birmingham City manager Harry Redknapp wants to take Everton's Aaron Lennon on loan.

- The Croydon Advertiser suggests Crystal Palace want to take Arsenal defender, Calum Chambers, on loan with a view to buy. Everton have also shown interest in Chambers.

- The Daily Mail say Leicester are preparing to hijack Everton's move for Gylfi Sigurdssson, offering the player £125k per week.

- The Mail also reports that Spurs are cooling their interest in Ross Barkley. Tottenham have been put off by the asking price and are looking at options elsewhere. Chelsea and Arsenal could also be keen on Barkley as they need to increase their 'homegrown' quota. Barkley is absent from Everton's trip to Holland and Belgium.

- According to a report from Marca, Everton are plotting a move for La La Liga winger Jonathan Viera. Everton are apparently happy to pay the full 30m Euros release clause the player has with his club Las Palnas. Swansea City are also interested.

- The Independent reports Everton interest in Porto defender Bruno Martins-Indi who has previously played for Ronald Koeman. Crystal Palace and Stoke are competing for the player and Everton have only registered their interest at the last minute.

- Sky Sports say Everton is one of a number of clubs interested in taking Chelsea forward, Loic Remy.

In summary. The papers haven't a clue who we are after atm, which is very nice to see as means the clubs keeping stuff in house.

Do you think he can do it in a competition like the PL mate?

I remember him playing for Standard for a very short while. He didn't get a lot of playing time and he very quickly got transferred. One of the reasons why he couldn't impose himself seemed to be that he wasn't used to the harder style of football (tame compared to the premier league). He didn't seem to enjoy that (he scored against Feyenoord though in the EL). He also had difficulties living abroad.

Mind you haven't seen him since. What I have seen was very disappointing; especially since he was lauded as Standard's top-signing of that season.

The picture is an accurate depiction of his period at Standard.

1e299689372ba54d0d53993bc55f20f0-1437155874.jpg

who the hell knows really to be honest.

He has played a lot of football since then and as a season ticket holder in La Liga I have to say the league is not as soft as is often stated by fans in the UK and in the media there.

His team in general is not a good example though in regards to would he be able to cut it in the Prem League, as they love to play attacking football but sometimes neglect the defensive side completely. Maybe Koemans discipline would get more out of him or maybe the change of training method and style of play would be too much on top of him leaving home again.

One thing is for sure though, I want some player like him in our squad because we aint got no sparkle at all right now.

And 6ft is small these days, guess I need to update my midget database.

For a centre back 6ft isn't the optimum size isn't Holgate 6ft and people complain about his height...it's not as ideal as being 6'3 for example. Otherwise he Is very left footed, apart from these two items he's very impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back