Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigurdsson and Lookman rotating for the left attacking slot would be unbelievable,

I'm wondering who plays on the right If Barkley leaves...Barkley + a right sided Lookman type and we'd look great on the flanks but barkley seems to be off.

Would be amazing to have such a strong left side and then a weak right sided in comparison.
If rumours are true...Walcott. But a fair superior upgrade would be balde. It's a pity he's off to west hamlol

Sandro plays wide left aswell as upfront...looking a little over crowded on the left side if we get siggy...Mirallas on the right perhaps

Initially I thought sandro and lookman for that left position but then were linked to Sigurdsson and Giroud...

Sigurdsson and Lookman seems like overkill on the left if Barkley leaves the right looks meh

rb-prem-table.jpg

Look at what the Everton propaganda has accomplished. Mission complete

100% eh?.

In that case lets just sell him. Never going to play CB. Fourth choice RB. Not worth keeping for the number of times a season we play 3 at the back.

Let's get some dosh in for him and let him develop his skills somewhere else.

What you on about mate, did i say never going to play cb?

I said the manager doesn't seem to wish to play him as a cb - hence Jagielka, Mori, Pennington etc played ahead of him in a back four, hence why after Aunautovic tore him to shreds he never played cb again last season for us.

He is just 20 yanno, not many 20 year olds play centre back in this league

Even more reason to snap this up.

£28m is a STEAL here, would be a £40m player if he wasn't in last year of contract.

That's totally irrelevant though. West Ham have bid and now we have a chance to annoy their fans for just twenty eight million pounds. In this market that's the bargain of the summer.

Supposedly already turned us down mate not so long ago. Also, by the looks of it he is Inter bound.

Initially I thought sandro and lookman for that left position but then were linked to Sigurdsson and Giroud...

Sigurdsson and Lookman seems like overkill on the left if Barkley leaves the right looks meh

If only we had some right footed players that could play on the right hand side.

Wait a minute.....................

Zat if Brighton Hove Albion added those 5 players they would probably win the league mate.

Your talking about players that would cost around 200m as if they are little gems you have found in the Siberian 2nd division.

lol where have I said they're 'little gems'

I'm simply saying that if @Hogwild feels by spending 100mil we have a chance to push top 4 and win the Europa...well we could get top 4 with those players :)

Seeing as Sigurdsson is 40-50mil I don't think he moves us much closer to top 4 compared to any of the players i've listed.

VVD -- Partnership with Keane
Sessegnon -- Ideal rotation and replacement for Baines
Dendoncker -- Ideal rotation for Schneiderlin and can also play box-to box
Dembele -- Goalscorer with pace who could play up front or on the right
Dollberg -- Focal point of our attack

@bluestevon

Perhaps were not signing another CB until Koeman gives Holgate a chance mentored by Jags and Williams?

Still though, Keane is right sided so we need a left sided player.
Holgate get's too much stick imo Zat. I've seen him play one bad game defensively and that was in swirling winds away to Stoke when they played Crouch on him. But we're not going to play Stoke or Palace every week.

He's young and has a lot to learn still, especially to do with concentration and positioning. The only way he's going to learn his trade is by playing, preferably alongside an experienced CB ( who's good in the air) as you say. But everyone seems to be writing him off in a back 2.

For me, he also does a job at RB as a back up, but because he's directly compared to Seamus from an attacking perspective he's being written off there too. The lads still 20 ffs and has bags of potential. I think he's potentially better than Stones as a footballing CB as he doesn't take the same risks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back