Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
...makes waves. We know this to be true.

Regardless of all that though it's a serious omission so far from this manager to fail to get another LB in. It's not as if he hasn't known for a whole season plus a summer we need one.

I think he's bit dim in that respect. Too much obsessing on players for the centre of the park whilst the periphery of the team falls to pieces.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I think he's clueless at putting a team together.

Why did he have to put an entire team together Dave, did he inherit a team with a lot of holes and full of dross?

Using Squawka then as it's your choice of compassion site mate

Ahh fair enough Dave, you did however choose a weird stat to show aerial ability though i noticed, showing the % won rather than the amount per game like with other stats you showed, that would have Baines coming out massively ahread of Robertson rather than behind him, 0.73 compared to 0.3 per game

You left out Defence score as well which is an amalgam of all stats which factor in other things.

Baines 7.84, Robertson 3.02

Baines comes out a mile ahead in all their category ratings as well, Offensive, Defensive, Possession and overall score

Live by the stats die by the stats mate ;)
Stats can back up and undermine. You asked for stats that showed Baines lagging behind Robertson and I provided them.

My judgement is primarily based on watching football for an awful long time, and I back my own judgement and think it's a sound one on players and what they can offer and no longer offer.

Stats can back up and undermine. You asked for stats that showed Baines lagging behind Robertson and I provided them.

My judgement is primarily based on watch hing football for an awful long time, and I back my own judgement and think it's a sound one on players and what they can offer and no longer offer.

How many games have you seen Robertson in mate? and which ones where they?

I doint see room for progress with Baines. His powers are diminishing. Which is only natural.

He's a bench warmer on any other team with CL pretensions.
I'll have to agree to disagree ( you make a fair argument in an ideal world we'd buy bigger) and maybe I have a soft spot for him but I do think he's more than enough for this season and we can't replace every position.

He will sit on the bench for the vats majority of games this season and a converted 31yo centre mid will play ahead of him in actuality mate
No mate. Read Klopp's words carefully: he states that Milner can play in many positions and that Moreno had a good pre-season.

He knows they are not best served there at LB before this summer and he's just paid £10M to strengthen it not to pay for a bench warmer.

He'll establish himself as first choice LB by the season's end is my guess.

I'll have to agree to disagree ( you make a fair argument in an ideal world we'd buy bigger) and maybe I have a soft spot for him but I do think he's more than enough for this season and we can't replace every position.
He's good enough for a team with EL ambitions.

...perhaps that is us after all?

Yep, WRD1878 said we were trying to sign him. Haven't heard anything in a while so it must of went dead.

I sort of went 'pffft who??' at the time but now seeing the clubs who are in for him he must have some bloody potential.

So refreshing to see we're trying to hoover up these extremely talented youngsters. The future is bright.

He wouldn't start in our first 11 or in any of the other 3 but we would obviously be his best chance of first team football in the future.
However money talks and we are not going to give an 18 yrs old half the money Chelsea or Manure will

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back