Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

IF i was taking a punt, I'd take a stab at us going for a top quality young left back as Baines understudy/eventual replacement.

City are signing Mendy, the rs brought in Robertson, Arsenal signed Kolasanic, Chelsea are already set at that position as are Spurs, so only United who maybe do need one. Think we may be sitting tight see who they all go for and then go for one ourselves.

Koeman has bought from Celtic before in both Wanyama, VVD and Forster to good effect (or if not bought them all at least worked well with all 3), Tierney is highly touted and unlikely to be available till after they play their CL qualifier - IF all the other teams have brought in a young left back already, then it will pretty much give us a free run at him - as no one below us would be able to compete for him.

Least thats my hope.

As you said Celtic will do no business until after the CL qualifiers
If they get group stages they will have no need to sell if they don't financial considerations may make them cash in on Tierney and/or Dembele.
I'd like Tierney as he can play RB/LB
Celtic play a poor Rosenberg side in the next round.

WTF is going on when we're starting Baines again and a kid like that Robertson has been allowed to escape us for £10m to go to that 'kin lot?

He should be in an Everton shirt right now.

The folly of not moving seriously for a LB starter this summer will come home to roost very very shortly.

All all because he seen through El Fraudo

This will be seen as me being deliberately contrarian, but he's a very good player and I said so when Hull signed him.

I'd welcome him to the club, would offer something different and is very consistent in his qualities.

EDIT: Proof... https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/...-2016-2017-season.89719/page-886#post-5234540

He's quite decent in fairness, definitely deserves a premier league place somewhere but I'd argue he falls just short of the quality we need, even if he he'd only be a squad player.

Why would you want us to sign a player whose known weaknesses are being a crap tackler and awful in the air mate, when that's exactly what you've long criticised Baines for?

Robertson is a mile below both Tierney and Chilwell in ability and in potential, so who knows maybe by the end of the summer we will have one of those in?
But Dave knows more about defenders than Koeman

This will be seen as me being deliberately contrarian, but he's a very good player and I said so when Hull signed him.

I'd welcome him to the club, would offer something different and is very consistent in his qualities.

EDIT: Proof... https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/...-2016-2017-season.89719/page-886#post-5234540

I watched a lot of hull last season. Mainly to see how niasse was getting on. Strangely their games didn't clash with ours too many times.

This fella is rotten. Typical head down, run as fast as you can and then just swing at the and ball in hope type of winger. Not to mention how ridiculously one footed he is. He is no where near even the Everton of last year level let alone where we are looking to get to.

We could do better than Baines but make no mistake we could also do worse.

We have brought in a shipping container full of new faces and I don't think we should be confusing the situation anymore and losing Everton's identity, Baines is a scouser and I'd imagine is a massive part of the dressing room.

So although I have said he's almost done he will be more than sufficient for this season while we sort out more pressing positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back