Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nowhere near good enough to lead the line in a premier league side

I'm a massive fan of him, but yeah - i completely agree, be a great addition to us, and would contribute a lot, but no way is he gonna be capable of leading the line yet for a team in this league the way say a Giroud etc does.

I'm a massive fan of him, but yeah - i completely agree, be a great addition to us, and would contribute a lot, but no way is he gonna be capable of leading the line yet for a team in this league the way say a Giroud etc does.
This is the conundrum we face.

next year I think we will most likely have zero chance of getting him.

If we bought him we would have 4 strikers & I couldn't imagine us finishing lower than 7th we would then next year potentially have him completely ready for premier league football along with Sandro & Calvert Lewin.

Clearly it's not ideal to have 3 young strikers but at what point do
We run out of viable targets & take a chance it's a risk but the reward could be massive.

Dolberg isn't leaving Ajax, Costa would rofl and Benteke is going to cost loads when he isn't that different to Kalanic.
If we can buy their captain, we can buy whoever we want from them, assuming we have the money we claim.

If you don't try for Costa, we'll never know.

Benteke has proven himself as a good goal scorer in the Premier League, Kalanic flopped.

This is the conundrum we face.

next year I think we will most likely have zero chance of getting him.

If we bought him we would have 4 strikers & I couldn't imagine us finishing lower than 7th we would then next year potentially have him completely ready for premier league football along with Sandro & Calvert Lewin.

Clearly it's not ideal to have 3 young strikers but at what point do
We run out of viable targets & take a chance it's a risk but the reward could be massive.

Effectively so yeah.

My thinking is, ideally we sign a top player - a Giroud etc, but if we are going down the list far enough, then we will just end up with a mediocre player anyway, who whilst older than Dolberg and more experienced, probably won't be any better than he currently is during the next season, and Dolberg will get much much better, so in that case, we lose nothing by going for him over say the likes of Kalasnic

To be honest, I don't think you are having a coherent argument at all, so it is a bit difficult following your multi-quotes and underlying message. It seems to me you are banging on about buying older players instead of babes in arms, and some wiffle-waffle about investing in the club's future. Yet the club have invested millions in the U23 squad, as well as buying players ready for now.

Balance is just about right, but we are still one or two short of an excellent window, so far very satisfactory in my opinion.

So you effectively wrote several posts without knowing what I was saying yet tried to argue a point.

Try reading Sun Tzu...the art of football.

Dolberg is a great talent but even in the dutch league he is verry inconsistent. This is just his second season at the highest level so he'll never be our first striker for next season. Sanchez would be perfect for our defence but he's going to a topteam according to the dutch press.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back