Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is that a conundrum? If you have a chance to get a talent you believe will become an elite striker, you do it, no questions asked.
I agree & we obviously don't know if we have tried to be fair perhaps we have been told absolutely no chance however I get the impression that we want experience first which is fine, but once giroud is a no go then it's dolberg for me, people calling for benteke scares me

It's now mid August.

Two issues...

Getting rid of the deadwoods is not as easy as we think.

And it is likely that we ain't going to spend that huge under the new boss. The transfer activities stall since early July and the sale of Lukaku.

With Barkley injured till after the window is closed I think it will be a couple of lone signings if were lucky.

Do you really believe Barkley is injured ?? Ok mate that's got Levy's hands all over that.

I can see three more in at least two permanent deals that will be Siggi and a striker.

Won't get Gibson for anything less than 25mil though.
I'm okay with that.

For example: Gibson 25, Kalinic 25 and Gylfi 50. We will surely sell a few more (Ross 25, James 15, two of Lennon, Barry, Robles and Niasse for another 15) I would hope we could support a net spend of ~50.

would have had a punt on that Jese Stoke just signed. good player and bags of skill. not exactly a target man like but we need a target man and another option in case of loss of form, fitness, injury to either Rooney or Sandro

Would absolutely love us to sign Dolberg - the lad is going places. However, no way he'll sign for us, not because of value or interest of other clubs etc (If we REALLY wanted him, we could make it happen); I fear we won't be after him due to Dominic Calvert-Lewin.

Koeman seems to swoon over him and him and Dolberg play the same position and are a similar age. Are both big lads and decent in the air, but not strong enough yet to be a PL target man. Both have a bit more pace then the kind of grock CF we want. But one is an amazing talent and the other is . . . meh.

DCL tries hard, is willing, puts in a shift but I'm yet to see anything that marks him out as good enough to play reasonably regularly in our first team. The best of the bunch of our kids is TD, no problem there. However, beyond that, I honestly believe that Kenny, Lookman, Dowell, Walsh, Robinson and Joe Williams are all better players at the moment (despite the fact they have several flaws to their games). Yet they don't get a look in.

Now I'm not saying DCL is woeful, and I hope he proves me wrong, but I just can't see why Koeman has such a love-in with him.

I also reckon that if we didn't have DCL, then we might have seen Dolberg come in along with a short-term target man option to help him bed in. However, I cannot see Koeman signing him to be our target man, nor to block DCL's path to the team. Which would be a missed opportunity in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back