Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'd be perfect for us on loan but has done no pre season so would not be fit till end of sept/Oct but worth an inquiry it's a right mess with him and Chelsea
If we thought the likes of giroud in an Everton shirt was unlikely, I don't know how you'd categorise the likelihood of Costa appearing in one of those videos at Finch Farm. All because that font of all football knowledge - joey Barton said we should go for him.

Okay this is strange:

A newspaper is reporting that Dendoncker wants to go to Everton. In place of him they'd buy Maurício José da Silveira Júnior (had to google him; he plays for Zenit).

Let's assume it's just a rumour; unless Koeman wants to stack CM's.

Are these reliable?

https://www.voetbalkrant.com/nl/nie...l-naar-everton-mauricio-staat-op-de-radar?amp

Leander Dendoncker has been in the interest of several clubs for longer, but the defensive midfielder is expensive.Anderlecht printed a huge price tag on his name, which he wanted to try to connect him to purple-white.

For the time being, Dendoncker continues to hope for a bid from Everton ,according to Het Nieuwsblad , because the Koeman team seems to be the ideal step towards the absolute world summit. The Premier League is Dendoncker's dreamed competition.

Anderlecht did not receive an official bid from The Toffees, but would like to prepare for a possible case scenario. To this end, it is already looking forward to any plan B. According to the Russian press, Mauricio (ex-Zenit St. Petersburg) would be on the radar.

At the risk of sounding like a football manager obsessed whopper....

£50m bid for Pulisic. Dooooo it.

Money you'd make from marketing alone would be huge !

Would absolutely love us to sign Dolberg - the lad is going places. However, no way he'll sign for us, not because of value or interest of other clubs etc (If we REALLY wanted him, we could make it happen); I fear we won't be after him due to Dominic Calvert-Lewin.

Koeman seems to swoon over him and him and Dolberg play the same position and are a similar age. Are both big lads and decent in the air, but not strong enough yet to be a PL target man. Both have a bit more pace then the kind of grock CF we want. But one is an amazing talent and the other is . . . meh.

DCL tries hard, is willing, puts in a shift but I'm yet to see anything that marks him out as good enough to play reasonably regularly in our first team. The best of the bunch of our kids is TD, no problem there. However, beyond that, I honestly believe that Kenny, Lookman, Dowell, Walsh, Robinson and Joe Williams are all better players at the moment (despite the fact they have several flaws to their games). Yet they don't get a look in.

Now I'm not saying DCL is woeful, and I hope he proves me wrong, but I just can't see why Koeman has such a love-in with him.

I also reckon that if we didn't have DCL, then we might have seen Dolberg come in along with a short-term target man option to help him bed in. However, I cannot see Koeman signing him to be our target man, nor to block DCL's path to the team. Which would be a missed opportunity in my opinion.
I'll be honest mate, if we signed Dolberg DCL wouldn't have a sniff and I think even Koeman would agree there. I just think the kid will end up somewhere BIG, soonish. There are some big fish sniffing around that lad. We, unfortunately, are not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back