Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's strange they seemed to work well as a pair last season (especially at home) but this season they don't seem on the same wavelength. Schnerderlin in particular has been poor.
New faces behind and ahead of them tbh mate. Bit of adjustment needed I reckon. Also think Gana is doing more what I'd like Morgan to do and the other way round. I'd like Gana deeper and Morgs a bit more forward. Not much like. Also two DM's against a lot of teams is overkill for me. Trust in Ronny to get it right I guess.

Okay this is strange:

A newspaper is reporting that Dendoncker wants to go to Everton. In place of him they'd buy Maurício José da Silveira Júnior (had to google him; he plays for Zenit).

Let's assume it's just a rumour; unless Koeman wants to stack CM's.

Barry apparently been told he can leave should he wish too mate, McCarthy strongly linked with a move to Newcastle and Besic not fancied at all as a cm, loaned out all the good centre mid youth lads as well, so basically leaves us with Gueye, Schneiderlin and Davies only, given Dendoncker can play cb as well - and we need one badly - can see it being a reason for our interest

Getting in Dendoncker would allow us to play Schneiderlin in a more freer role in midfield to play box to box and influence games further forward. I like Schneiderlin but I really don't see him as a genuine holding midfielder that wants to just sit and screen the back four and break things up. I think it also wastes his really good passing range that he as and that would be best put to use further forward imo.
Personally i don't see Schneiderlin as a holding MF, he's more of a deep lying playmaker, he receives the ball and starts moves.

Krepin Diatta who plays in Norway has apparently been scouted by us and every other club around. Attacking midfielder/striker, 18 years old.

Barry apparently been told he can leave should he wish too mate, McCarthy strongly linked with a move to Newcastle and Besic not fancied at all as a cm, loaned out all the good centre mid youth lads as well, so basically leaves us with Gueye, Schneiderlin and Davies only, given Dendoncker can play cb as well - and we need one badly - can see it being a reason for our interest
He has the physical attributes to play there being 6'2. However it's a big enough ask asking a new player from a foreign league to adapt quickly to the premier league, even more so if the lad is being played out of position. Reading up on the lad he can play in either a 2 or 3 in midfield. I think he'd only be considered a centre half, if we had chronic injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back