Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously we disagree with the needs of the club and how good the Mighty Thor is, but I cannot imagine Koeman playing Hoedt over Williams. Hoedt looks skilled to me and he has size, but I don't see him being aggressive. What makes you think he's a good pairing for Keane?
Williams was a borderline panic buy. Koeman obviously likes Williams for his individual characteristics/qualities but he did take him off at half time at the weekend and left Jags on. Williams certainly does not seem immune to becoming third choice.

Hoedt: left sided, plenty of interceptions, good long ball for the counter, strong and his aggression is controlled but not reckless.

Gueye needs to stay as far away from he opposition area as possible, as he too often goes for the shot and is always a complete waste of possession as he can't shoot. I prefer his energy in front of the defence.
Against Stoke, Schneiderlin only ever passed backwards or sideways. Gueye was a lot more positive going forward.

Must be a reason we haven't gone there. 60m should get that done. Benteke has a very good PL record. Would be ideal.

Hasn't he said he's happy at Palace. Maybe he doesn't want to play for us because he's played for Liverpool. If that was the case I'd respect that to be fair

....still approximately 16 days and 16 hours left of the window. Here's Tuesday morning's rumour round-up;

- The Birmingham Mail and Sky Sports report West Brom are closing in on Everton midfielder Gareth Barry and the player could even undergo a medical today.

- According to the Daily Mirror, Everton have switched their attention from Olivier Giroud to his Arsenal teammate Danny Welbeck. Tuttomercartoweb say Welbeck is very fond of Everton manager Ronald Koeman and could reunite with former Manchester United teammate, Wayne Rooney.

- ClubCall website suggest Tottenham Hotspur could pull the plug on their interest in Ross Barkley after the Everton midfielder suffered a hamstring injury in training.

- Skybet have installed Liverpool at 8-1 to sign Everton target Gylfi Sigurdsson from Swansea.

- Despite reports last week that Turkish winger, Emre Mor, was in Italy undergoing a medical with Inter Milan, Royal Blue Mersey say the deal has fallen through and Everton might renew their interest.

- Italian newspaper, Il Messagerro, say Southampton have raised their offer to £15.5m for Lazio defender Wesley Hoedt. The player has been linked with Everton.

- The Daily Mail claim Gylfi Sigurdsson's imminent arrival at Goodison Park could spark the £25m move of Toffees midfielder, James McCarthy, to Newcastle.

Think he means abroad. If we close our window on 5th of Aug for instance and Spain/Italy/Germany still have theirs on 31st August, they could come and unsettle/chase a player and the English club couldnt sign a replacement.

It would be best if all the leagues agreed on an earlier date.
Thanks. Didn't know that it would be an independent decision to end rhe window early.

I think by now it is obvious that funds are being held back for the new stadium aka spurs. Any incomes will be funded by outgoings hence the sigurdsson fiasco.

Expecting loan deals at best now barkley is injured which I suspect was always part funding the siggy move anyway.

I doubt very much that RK will be ok with this and it will eventually filter throughout the team and supporters this season.

I was very positive this summer but have to admit that my positivity has slowly eroded away this past 6 weeks. At present we are woefully short up top and without proper investment then i am concerned that the same problems will re surface this season especially having Europe to cope with and our main goalscorer gone.

Hope I'm proved wrong as I truly had thought the club had changed. In some areas it has but we're it really matters it would appear normality has resumed.

We have improved our back line but that is only part of the story completed. I shudder to think what happens if/when rooney and Sandro get injured/banned.

No thanks for welbeck or klasanic, no where near good enough to be a rom replacement.

I think by now it is obvious that funds are being held back for the new stadium aka spurs. Any incomes will be funded by outgoings hence the sigurdsson fiasco.

Expecting loan deals at best now barkley is injured which I suspect was always part funding the siggy move anyway.

I doubt very much that RK will be ok with this and it will eventually filter throughout the team and supporters this season.

I was very positive this summer but have to admit that my positivity has slowly eroded away this past 6 weeks. At present we are woefully short up top and without proper investment then i am concerned that the same problems will re surface this season especially having Europe to cope with and our main goalscorer gone.

Hope I'm proved wrong as I truly had thought the club had changed. In some areas it has but we're it really matters it would appear normality has resumed.

We have improved our back line but that is only part of the story completed. I shudder to think what happens if/when rooney and Sandro get injured/banned.

No thanks for welbeck or klasanic, no where near good enough to be a rom replacement.

I thought the whole the way the ground is fiananced would allow us to compete?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back