Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Concerned that we don't have a huge depth to our squad - not sure how we're going to cope with the additional games of Europe added in.

From what started as a potential era defining summer for the club, you can't help but think that still nothing has changed in the way the club operates. We sit here now with the tv money, 60 million from China, any potential player sales to come and wonder why aren't we doing business?

We know what types of players we need, but for nothing to be done on that front yet is raising the odd false flag with fans now. Have we chased specific targets (Giroud?) Far too long like last summer, is there just not the money there again? We know siggurdson is replacing the outgoing Barkley so his cost comes down so it's not like even he represents big investment.

I am made up we brought in who we did back in June and we spent the lukaku money wisely , exactly what I wanted the club to do in that scenario. Right now however we seem to be in the same situation we were 12 months ago where we are selling to buy and just not getting business done whatsoever. We should be excited about the future, not watching a disjointed team without the key players and wondering who and if we are even bringing them in.

Fantastic post.

You will now be called a bedwetter

2 words
William Kenwright
I think to some extent the devil of last summer has almost been forgotten about here. If it seems after Sep 1st we had a groundhog day and he was heading it all up again, then we don't really deserve to be kicking on from where we are. I hope to be proven wrong in the next few weeks but it all just feels that there is an underlying reason we aren't spending money soon after the sales of players has stopped

I think to some extent the devil of last summer has almost been forgotten about here. If it seems after Sep 1st we had a groundhog day and he was heading it all up again, then we don't really deserve to be kicking on from where we are. I hope to be proven wrong in the next few weeks but it all just feels that there is an underlying reason we aren't spending money soon after the sales of players has stopped

Koeman called Kenwright out over the Morgan transfer in Jan and Kenwright is back to his old tricks
Sign players on the last day hoping to get them cheap and save on wages.
If Koeman has to call him out again then Moshiri should do what he should have done the day he bought into the club and sack Kenwright.
Koeman is Moshiris man Kenwright is not so we all know who Moshiri will back.

Fantastic post.

You will now be called a bedwetter
I've seen that posted in here and largely ignored it haha

If anything it seems to me a little kopitish to label anyone who isn't 100% excited and positive of everything. Personally I am looking forward to seeing the new players gel and improve here, nice to have so many new players to watch all at once, an Everton Christmas especially when a certain other team are having a nightmare time of it.

I would have said it 12 months ago if I was here , same as I will suggest it now. Why can't questions be asked of how the club is running and failing to sign players above the 0 net spend idea. Koeman said it himself dismissively, we have only spent 7 million really, hardly doing a man city and throwing money about. I am not asking for that neither, just to show a little ambition for one summer and spend the money we won't have once spades are in the ground. Siggurdson for example coming in now is not going to be ready for a few weeks and considering who we play it is a missed opportunity not to have him here training a week ago ready to take up that key position on the pitch. If we play against city and United the way we played in all of our real games so far we will struggle, whereas a result or two could really define our season. If we are waiting for deadline day then honestly, what's the difference between us and any other mid table team?

Koeman called Kenwright out over the Morgan transfer in Jan and Kenwright is back to his old tricks
Sign players on the last day hoping to get them cheap and save on wages.
If Koeman has to call him out again then Moshiri should do what he should have done the day he bought into the club and sack Kenwright.
Koeman is Moshiris man Kenwright is not so we all know who Moshiri will back.
I agree fully. After last summer and it was revealed it was him and elstone who was struggling to negotiate deals for anyone he should have been moved up stairs so to speak and away from anything transfer related. As I say his name has fallen out my head somewhat this summer but if our failings come back yo him a second time then it's inexcusable

Welbeck would be great for those few games a season that he is not injured :p. But assuming he stays fit he would be my first choice out of those we have been linked to.

On the spending, I'm also a bit concerned that the owners are trying to break even...

How on earth are we going to be able to bring anyone in now that Barkley has got himself injured? There's still a lot of dead wood that needs shifting if we can find anyone desperate enough, so there is that I suppose. I trust the boss to find us a couple more players we can get for free to fill the gaps, just like he did with Stek and Martina.

Aren't Welbeck and DCL much of a muchness? Welbeck a bit better with the trickery & retention, DCL possibly slightly better with the finishing.

I do rate Welbeck, but seems a bit weird to buy another of the same player.

How on earth are we going to be able to bring anyone in now that Barkley has got himself injured? There's still a lot of dead wood that needs shifting if we can find anyone desperate enough, so there is that I suppose. I trust the boss to find us a couple more players we can get for free to fill the gaps, just like he did with Stek and Martina.

We've shifted players out and they will be more to go I imagine Robles? Niasse? McCarthy? Lennon? That leaves wages for other ins.

I like Welbeck tbh but he has terrible finishing and a problem with injuries.

Can't help but feeling we are working on deals behind the scenes, maybe waiting for Sig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back