Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
This window will answer many questions. I will be pleased to be proved wrong truly I will.

as it stands at the moment we've just reinvested the Lukaku money.

This isn't good enough, we were 15 points from the top 4 and we've done nothing to bridge the gap even if they all hadn't improved themselves.

I'm actually not totally against Wellbeck, rumours been around a few days so taken time to consider it. He's never going to replace Rom, but there's no chance of a direct replacement there anyway as that level of player is still out of reach for us right now. Wellbeck would give us another option, has the pace that people say we are missing and would surely get us 10 goals assuming he manages to stay relatively fit?... whether 30m is the right money, Christ knows, markets gone utterly bonkers this year.

I think by now it is obvious that funds are being held back for the new stadium aka spurs. Any incomes will be funded by outgoings hence the sigurdsson fiasco.

Expecting loan deals at best now barkley is injured which I suspect was always part funding the siggy move anyway.

I doubt very much that RK will be ok with this and it will eventually filter throughout the team and supporters this season.

I was very positive this summer but have to admit that my positivity has slowly eroded away this past 6 weeks. At present we are woefully short up top and without proper investment then i am concerned that the same problems will re surface this season especially having Europe to cope with and our main goalscorer gone.

Hope I'm proved wrong as I truly had thought the club had changed. In some areas it has but we're it really matters it would appear normality has resumed.

We have improved our back line but that is only part of the story completed. I shudder to think what happens if/when rooney and Sandro get injured/banned.

No thanks for welbeck or klasanic, no where near good enough to be a rom replacement.

...I have to admit to being useless at understanding business matters but I thought we were getting a very beneficial deal on the stadium development that meant there'd be no need to invade other expenditure.

...I have to admit to being useless at understanding business matters but I thought we were getting a very beneficial deal on the stadium development that meant there'd be no need to invade other expenditure.

Exactly what I took from it and what the ESK said also.

Sure he will change his tune soon though.

I'm actually not totally against Wellbeck, rumours been around a few days so taken time to consider it. He's never going to replace Rom, but there's no chance of a direct replacement there anyway as that level of player is still out of reach for us right now. Wellbeck would give us another option, has the pace that people say we are missing and would surely get us 10 goals assuming he manages to stay relatively fit?... whether 30m is the right money, Christ knows, markets gone utterly bonkers this year.

...I remember mentioning Welbeck some 12 months ago as the 'type' that could just suit a Koeman team. He'll be a very mobile focal point, stretching defences and allowing others to get around him. I'm not sure how technically good he is with his back to goal but I can see him being useful. Major concern is his injury record as players tend to carry that through their careers.

I haven't heard from most the players in Europe we get linked with but this bloke is a beast who is playing at a big club. He is what Van Dijk was a few years ago.

This well end down the same path with Southampton or Spurs signing him and him being sold for 50m in a couple of years time. Lets not make the same mistake again because we want "PL proven players".

Only he isn't really mate, for one Lazio have been for the past ten years bouncing round between 4th and 12th in a Italian league that besides for the top 2-3 teams is really poor, and secondly, he doesn't actually start for Lazio and other players are preferred ahead of him.

So basically we are targeting the third choice centre back at a club who for the last decade have kind of been on about our level but in a much weaker division

From what started as a potential era defining summer for the club, you can't help but think that still nothing has changed in the way the club operates. We sit here now with the tv money, 60 million from China, any potential player sales to come and wonder why aren't we doing business?

We know what types of players we need, but for nothing to be done on that front yet is raising the odd false flag with fans now. Have we chased specific targets (Giroud?) Far too long like last summer, is there just not the money there again? We know siggurdson is replacing the outgoing Barkley so his cost comes down so it's not like even he represents big investment.

I am made up we brought in who we did back in June and we spent the lukaku money wisely , exactly what I wanted the club to do in that scenario. Right now however we seem to be in the same situation we were 12 months ago where we are selling to buy and just not getting business done whatsoever. We should be excited about the future, not watching a disjointed team without the key players and wondering who and if we are even bringing them in.

From what started as a potential era defining summer for the club, you can't help but think that still nothing has changed in the way the club operates. We sit here now with the tv money, 60 million from China, any potential player sales to come and wonder why aren't we doing business?

We know what types of players we need, but for nothing to be done on that front yet is raising the odd false flag with fans now. Have we chased specific targets (Giroud?) Far too long like last summer, is there just not the money there again? We know siggurdson is replacing the outgoing Barkley so his cost comes down so it's not like even he represents big investment.

I am made up we brought in who we did back in June and we spent the lukaku money wisely , exactly what I wanted the club to do in that scenario. Right now however we seem to be in the same situation we were 12 months ago where we are selling to buy and just not getting business done whatsoever. We should be excited about the future, not watching a disjointed team without the key players and wondering who and if we are even bringing them in.

2 words
William Kenwright

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back