Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if we will be in the market for another CM now?

McCarthy/Besic cant be relied on which leaves Schneiderlin, Gana and Davies.
Say BOTH McCarthy are injured at the same time which hopefully won't be the case, we've still got Klaasen, Rooney who can play there, Liam Walsh and probably Sigurdsson

We're fine in midfield, it's pace and a centre half we need

Liam Walsh, Liam Walsh, Liam, Liam Walsh

It'd be nice to think that Walsh would get a chance as he's absolutely class at U23 level, but he hasn't been anywhere near the team yet in all honesty, I can't see Barry leaving suddenly meaning Walsh is elevated to the fringes of the 1st team.

Walsh's other problem is that despite his ability, he isn't a great athlete and is on the small side, so he doesn't really fit the physical profile that Koeman seems to favour in midfield either

It'd be nice to think that Walsh would get a chance as he's absolutely class at U23 level, but he hasn't been anywhere near the team yet in all honesty, I can't see Barry leaving suddenly meaning Walsh is elevated to the fringes of the 1st team.

Walsh's other problem is that despite his ability, he isn't a great athlete and is on the small side, so he doesn't really fit the physical profile that Koeman seems to favour in midfield either

..Barry isn't the most athletic, although he is 6ft. It's a fair point about Walsh but he does get about the pitch, has a bit about him and is a clever passer of the ball. The other thing with Walsh is that he's proven in open age football as he was an absolute stand out during his loan spell at Yeovil.

Somebody mentioned Beningame, he's much more in the athletic spoiler mould but at this stage he doesn't use a football well. I'm sure he's on Koeman's radar.

..Barry isn't the most athletic, although he is 6ft. It's a fair point about Walsh but he does get about the pitch, has a bit about him and is a clever passer of the ball. The other thing with Walsh is that he's proven in open age football as he was an absolute stand out during his loan spell at Yeovil.

Somebody mentioned Beningame, he's much more in the athletic spoiler mould but at this stage he doesn't use a football well. I'm sure he's on Koeman's radar.

Yep, I agree with all of this. I really like Walsh, he's a lovely little player to watch. Bit like Dowell in as much as I am pleasantly surprised that we are now producing technically proficient players like this from the academy. Long may it continue.

That said, the jump from U23 to 1st team is difficult enough as it is, but when you take into account Koeman's preferred approach, it makes it very hard for Walsh. I absolutely agree that Baningime might get a chance before Walsh does. Nothing like the natural ability, but his physical abilities mean he has a big head start.

Disagree with that completely.

He may well be 36 but he looked comfortable still in pre season and played loads last season to a competent level. Sure, wouldn't start him vs City but we could be playing 50 or 60 games this season, and he can play three positions.

Still got so much ability and it's a shame to see him leave.
I am sure we asked him what he wanted to do, been a good pro, and is what we do.

Yep, I agree with all of this. I really like Walsh, he's a lovely little player to watch. Bit like Dowell in as much as I am pleasantly surprised that we are now producing technically proficient players like this from the academy. Long may it continue.

That said, the jump from U23 to 1st team is difficult enough as it is, but when you take into account Koeman's preferred approach, it makes it very hard for Walsh. I absolutely agree that Baningime might get a chance before Walsh does. Nothing like the natural ability, but his physical abilities mean he has a big head start.

Koeman will shoe-horn DCL into centre-mid before trying anything else.

Season's a write off. Lookman and Henry will dominate next season flanking DCL. Champions League is ours.

I've been thinking this all along, imagine if we get dembele and tierney. With the emergence of kenny and dowell, the return of that Nigerian kid from Belgian league and we'll stack the team with 5 dribbler capable of constantly creating havoc which makes them impossible to mark closely all at the same time.

Writing off this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back