Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we should wait, let a talented young player move to another club where he then moves out of our financial league. If Pickford had gone to West Ham and had two great seasons he would be valued at £60m. Pickford had a good season at Sunderland, as Lukuku did at West Brom. A club at our level can't wait for 100% sure things, players at their very peak... we need to make educated risks and in this case I'm confident its a good one!
No, dont wait. Bargain with a selling club. It's what happens...or rather it's what happens when a manager is not in an unseemly hurry and cant be arsed haggling.

We cant afford those prices. We have to be able to find a series of 4 star restaurants with up and coming chefs who do just as good quality meals for a lot less cost.

That's called savvy management. Koeman whipping the chequebook out like a drunken sailor on shore leave in Hamburg will just get us a few very expensive sarnies and a dose of the clap.
Problem is that neither you nor I know what we can or cannot afford. Unless you sit in on the board meetings or Farhad has personally acquainted you with the financial situation and fiscal plans for the club you haven't got a clue. All of which makes your robust stance on our economic future risible at best.

James McCarthy, meanwhile, is no closer to recovering from his knee injury with the Everton boss suggesting it will be after the international break before he is fit.

We cant afford those prices. We have to be able to find a series of 4 star restaurants with up and coming chefs who do just as good quality meals for a lot less cost.

That's called savvy management. Koeman whipping the chequebook out like a drunken sailor on shore leave in Hamburg will just get us a few very expensive sarnies and a dose of the clap.

I think we CAN afford it,Dave, because we wouldn't have spent it if we couldn't afford it ! Mosh obviously has control of the actual money, and he thinks we/he can afford it, I rely on him to be right. It is true that we need an experienced striker and hopefully one will come in, and RK has already said he's looking for back for Baines. Back up or competition depending on who is available, I think. If theres value/quality available at 40 million, and less quality but ony £15 million....its the call of the manager, the DOF and Mosh to make. Sop far we've had a good window....any more will be icing on the cake.

Hang on. You were berating Moshiri for not making a financial statement of intent in the market not long ago. CBA digging the posts out, but the tenor of them was you demanded one to show he isnt just free riding the club.

Pretty sure I said that when he did, you would complain we were overspending.
I'm still doing that. Let's not confuse this splurge with an injection of capital into the squad. This is recycling. Hence my entirely consistent view that this once in a generation player sale windfall be spent wisely.

Who mentioned ambition?. I'm just pulling you up on a point that you made Dave. i.e. that we shouldn't spend any more than £20/25m on 1 player. If we stuck to those rules we wouldn't have bought Lukaku. A player I believe you have high regard for and who we recently made a very large profit in when we sold him. That's all I'm saying.
...but we did that as a one off for an established and proven player.

I'm not against spending big. But it has to be sustainable and justifiable. £45M for 28 year old does not fit the bill.

Problem is that neither you nor I know what we can or cannot afford. Unless you sit in on the board meetings or Farhad has personally acquainted you with the financial situation and fiscal plans for the club you haven't got a clue. All of which makes your robust stance on our economic future risible at best.
I'm using experience of how this boardroom operates.

Here's the spectrum it operates on:

Negative net spend------------break even-------------------small net spends.

And I will be hugely surprised if that is significantly extended further rightwards in the next few seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back