Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rather than sitting around the table just pay the local gangsters to run him out of town like the Liverpool gangsters did to ROSS

I believe Giroud is very happily married. I just cannot see him making the same errors in judgement that Rosscoe did (i.e. goosing a gangster's moll), which resulted in the latter being "run out of town".

Current odds on strikers that have been discussed

Vardy 6/1
Benteke 7/1
Slimani 6/1
King 12/1
Dohlberg 16/1
Dembele 6/1

Not seeing any odds on the other random strikers we have been"linked" with.

What bit's daft Dave? You say you wanted Siggurdsson for ages but balk at the price they quote. Suggest we leave them to sweat until final day. Then what happens if they tell us to get stuffed? You come on here moaning about He Who Shall Not Be Named (by you) saying how crap a manager he is for letting his top target get away and we have no players in because we've refused to "overpay". You pay the money the selling club is after or you go look elsewhere. But if it's your number one target then you do whatever to get him in. You say Pickford is 10m overpriced. I say we go a steal. The kid is gonna be ace for the next 10/15 years and if he does move on, we'll easily make a profit (providing an arm doesn't fall off or summat). Just try one day without all the bloody whining. Koeman is trying to build something here and so far he's doing ok. Give it a chance ffs.
It wouldn't be because we wouldn't overpay it would be because we have no money , Moshiri is a carpetbagger and a fraud and it's sell to buy as usual

Maybe Mosh had a rush of blood to the head and wanted to make a big statement last summer.
Perhaps now Koeman has had the squad for a season they can take a more measured approach to the transfers.
ROSS getting injured may have affected our plans as that's 35/40 m out of the budget.
So whereas we thought we had 80 m to spend on a striker and CB now we only have 40 m
Just one scenario.

All good points to consider, perhaps the right players are just hard to come by or out of our reach. I think the striker was always going to be the hardest to replace especially the right one. Given we've just lost Lukaku going for Benteke just doesn't really excite me. Of course he will probably tactically fit our requirements for a striker well but you just want that bit of wow factor for your striker ha

If he never develops into a great finisher or improves his dribbling, these traits will keep him in the league. He not only projects as a target man, but a significant counter attacking threat as well. Not many players have both of these qualities.

Composed and intelligence also mate and people forget his is still only 20. If he plays up top regularly enough he will get goals too as his finishing against that lot in the away leg in the round before shows he knows where the goal is.

In my opinion that already makes him better than Rashford who can't score to save his life but is in the England squad.

she can stay in london and they can face-time, problem solved
I'd certainly face time her

Oh wait that's the apple thing isn't it ??
It was the other face thing I was thinking about
On topic
Giroud
Dzeko
Some other grock who will score 15/20 goals a season
RM
PSG
RS
MOSGOW
Last game away in Moscow needing a win for 3rd place
That'll do nicely

I'd take 10 a season if one was a winner at the pit

I can't see Benteke coming at all.

Even if he might not fit Palace under how De Boer likes to play, he is still going to be their main source of goals.

Expecting them to sell with practically no time to replace him seems fanciful.

He would cost £50m which I doubt we have to spare, and even if we did, they wouldn't accept our first bid just like that.

We would already have to be in negotiations to sign him, and that would have broken in the media if it was the case.

Dave moaned about Moshiri and questioned about net spend. Then he moaned about the gross spend when he slated Koeman for wasting money and must get top 4 while totally ignore our desire to rebuild a bottom half squad left over by El Fraudo.

So I asked him about his opinion, on a few occasions regarding his hero giving £20m to a relegated club for 2 players in 2013. What is that worth in todays market...was that a waste...he denied to answer.
We signed Robles MCarthy Kone and he who shall not be named from a relegated club
2 of whom were pure and utter liquid [Poor language removed]
1 was poor and one was average.
How much did we pay for them

I can't see Benteke coming at all.

Even if he might not fit Palace under how De Boer likes to play, he is still going to be their main source of goals.

Expecting them to sell with practically no time to replace him seems fanciful.

He would cost £50m which I doubt we have to spare, and even if we did, they wouldn't accept our first bid just like that.

We would already have to be in negotiations to sign him, and that would have broken in the media if it was the case.

I agree, that's never happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back