Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave saying DCL isn't a talented lad now?

Further evidence that he hasn't watched a single Everton game since Martinez left.

In all seriousness though, DCL has a lot of quality attributes but above all he is a grafter.

Yeh, maybe not the most naturally gifted of players but he's deceptively quick, good in the air, has an excellent first touch and a bit of nous about him.

He's 20 and before last season had a handful of League One appearances to his name.

See Koeman thread - page 496. In response to being asked the question "Do you prefer watching Liverpool?" Our esteemed friend answers "100%".

I'm hoping a consortium and/or a wealthy investor have been lined up to take their shares.

The structure of our ownership is curious, to say the least.

Kenwright and Woods don't have anywhere near the finances required anymore. They serve no purpose in the modern game (they haven't for about 12 years), so I think they're being kept around for a reason.

...and even though many on here won't 'get it'...the simple reason that BK is still around is because Mosh appreciates Bills know how, particularly in the transfer market. I think Bill has played pretty close to a blinder this summer, with both inward and outward transfers. Bill has always been good at getting the best price when we sell players, but he's done well in buying this summer because for once he has a fair bit of back up financially. Jon Wood has always watched Bills back and that's basically why he's always been on the board. They are good mates and JW has 'helped' Bill in different ways(that's from an impeccable source),not always directly concerning Everton. Mosh is aware of this. There will be other reasons why Bill and JW are still around which the financially savvy on here can try to explain, but its basically BKs knowledge and JWs loyalty that its about.

A few years ago I was given an insight into exactly how much JW has done for Bill Kenwright/Everton Football club, and the extent of this 'help' will surprise many on here. Again, an impeccable source very close to 'the inner circle'...........

If we had waited till Rom was gone we'd have been bent over with the 90 m in our pocket.
We got the deals done early.
If we'd have tried to get Roms replacement in early then the selling club would have asked why do they want a striker when they have Rom.
Then the penny would have dropped and it would have been
They are going to get 90 m for Rom let's bend them over
Club went about our buisness the right way imo except Swansea renegaed on the agreed price.
Before we sold Rom we may been given encouragement that Giroud would be available and things changed.
We may still be in for him.
The money is there it's just a matter of the right player being available
Yes well you can go around the houses attempting to rationalise the decision to leave us with one week to go to get a replacement for Lukaku in, but it really is poor strategy. The clubs you see as waiting to rip us off for the Lukaku money now presumably see us as being even more desperate to part with cash to solve a planet size hole in our attack.

...and even though many on here won't 'get it'...the simple reason that BK is still around is because Mosh appreciates Bills know how, particularly in the transfer market. I think Bill has played pretty close to a blinder this summer, with both inward and outward transfers. Bill has always been good at getting the best price when we sell players, but he's done well in buying this summer because for once he has a fair bit of back up financially. Jon Wood has always watched Bills back and that's basically why he's always been on the board. They are good mates and JW has 'helped' Bill in different ways(that's from an impeccable source),not always directly concerning Everton. Mosh is aware of this. There will be other reasons why Bill and JW are still around which the financially savvy on here can try to explain, but its basically BKs knowledge and JWs loyalty that its about.

A few years ago I was given an insight into exactly how much JW has done for Bill Kenwright/Everton Football club, and the extent of this 'help' will surprise many on here. Again, an impeccable source very close to 'the inner circle'...........

If we sign a top striker and get Niasse sold for £8m plus I'll confidently state this is the best transfer window ever.

i might have done...

hqdefault.jpg
@mutley likes this

20/21, not a great deal of difference.

Kane does it and Dolberg does because they have the class to do it and are ready to. Age is not the determining factor, talent is.
Oh but theres a great deal of difference between 19 and 21?

And if age is not the determining factor, how come Kane did not do it at 20?

Yes well you can go around the houses attempting to rationalise the decision to leave us with one week to go to get a replacement for Lukaku in, but it really is poor strategy. The clubs you see as waiting to rip us off for the Lukaku money now presumably see us as being even more desperate to part with cash to solve a planet size hole in our attack.
That's what I don't understand.

I'm happy with the business we have done so far, and on the whole we did it very early.

We sold Lukaku six weeks ago. It is ridiculous that we're going into the last week of the transfer window still needing a main striker. It is the position we should have been prioritising above all others, considering we knew Lukaku has been leaving since March.

He wasn't doing it week in week out, he wasn't playing a target man role and wasn't actually 'leading' the attack. Most players aren't the finished article at 20.

I can't imagine your finely honed debating skills were as acutely refined, at 20, as they are today
They dont have to be the finished article, just be able to fulfil the role.

If we had waited till Rom was gone we'd have been bent over with the 90 m in our pocket.
We got the deals done early.
If we'd have tried to get Roms replacement in early then the selling club would have asked why do they want a striker when they have Rom.
Then the penny would have dropped and it would have been
They are going to get 90 m for Rom let's bend them over
Club went about our buisness the right way imo except Swansea renegaed on the agreed price.
Before we sold Rom we may been given encouragement that Giroud would be available and things changed.
We may still be in for him.
The money is there it's just a matter of the right player being available

Yes to the Swansea bit...the old owners had apparently agreed on a much more acceptable price for Siggy(£30million?) but the new American owners started to get most things wrong...from taking on that failed American coach to renageing on the Siggy deal.

That's what I don't understand.

I'm happy with the business we have done so far, and on the whole we did it very early.

We sold Lukaku six weeks ago. It is ridiculous that we're going into the last week of the transfer window still needing a main striker. It is the position we should have been prioritising above all others, considering we knew Lukaku has been leaving since March.
...and it all goes back to the fixation on getting Sigurdsson in at all costs.

A good negotiator just walks from that deal and gets the biggest priority facing us sorted out THEN goes back if the seller comes to their senses.

...and it all goes back to the fixation on getting Sigurdsson in at all costs.

A good negotiator just walks from that deal and gets the biggest priority facing us sorted out THEN goes back if the seller comes to their senses.
I think it goes further back than the Sigurdsson deal, tbh.

We seem to have added three players who can all play in a similar role in: Rooney, Klaassen and Sigurdsson.

I would have focused on the striker deal early doors, along with Keane/Pickford, and then got them deals over the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back