Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know people like to argue with you mate but I don't see they can with this one. It's blatant.

I really think they thought they had Giroud all but tied up and then got shot down late on by him.

Not having alternatives is ridiculous so you'd hope they have ideas and can sort this.
I hate to say it but my 'popgun attack' thread was prescient.

I could sense early on that Koeman was not looking to prioritise up front. I think now he sees that the attacking force he has assembled this summer are way out of their depth in terms of playing a false nine system and he's now in a blind panic to bring a more orthodox striker in.

Dave saying DCL isn't a talented lad now?

Further evidence that he hasn't watched a single Everton game since Martinez left.

In all seriousness though, DCL has a lot of quality attributes but above all he is a grafter.

Yeh, maybe not the most naturally gifted of players but he's deceptively quick, good in the air, has an excellent first touch and a bit of nous about him.

He's 20 and before last season had a handful of League One appearances to his name.
Really noticed this on Monday night. Early on he breezed past a couple of the City defenders with a turn of pace I didn't know he had. If he could bulk up a bit he could be a very useful member of the squad.

It's the manager's judgement though. What are your words of advice to him, because he sees him as too raw to go with upfront this season?
To Koeman or DCL?

I still think we need another Striker, but I think DCL is a good back up to have across the front 3 and gives us the 'plan B' option. Which is how, I think Koeman sees it.

As for DCL, keep doing what he's doing, learning the game and continuing to develop.

I don't see the need to call him out as not good enough, without the opportunity to prove he isn't.

In a summer when you KNEW a guaranteed 20-25 goals was going out the door the urgent task had to be to find a replacement. No doubt some will argue the goals can be found across the team, but does this currently constituted team look like one that can pile up goals to you?

Me neither.

...two league games this season without Lukaku;

Everton 1 Stoke City 0

Manchester City 1 Everton 1.

The corresponding games last season with Lukaku;

Everton 1 Stoke 0

Manchester City 1 Everton 1.

It really is too early to be making judgements.

To Koeman or DCL?

I still think we need another Striker, but I think DCL is a good back up to have across the front 3 and gives us the 'plan B' option. Which is how, I think Koeman sees it.

As for DCL, keep doing what he's doing, learning the game and continuing to develop.

I don't see the need to call him out as not good enough, without the opportunity to prove he isn't.
My advice would be to loan him out if a new striker comes in. We have Sandro and we have Rooney who can play as a CF.

There's about 9 months between Kane becoming Spurs starting striker back in season 2014/15 and C-L being asked to do the same now. It really isn't about age.
That's pretty much a whole season of football though, Dave. At that age a player can progress very rapidly from the fringes of the squad to a nailed on starter. I don't think DCL should be leading our line as first choice, and I don't think after next week he will be, but to say at his age that he has no talent is ridiculous.

Sooooo maybe an odd question in this thread atm but

Are we solidly linked with anybody atm?

Are Giroud, VVD and other links all definately off?

Could one of the fringe exciting players of other teams be plucked? Someone like Rashford/Martial (current form is outstanding)
Who have moved down the line or Wellbeck/Perez?

Or do we think it will be radio silence until transfer deadline day? ... is there any chance that the massive increase of tv money also came with stipulations such as ensuring deals are announced on deadline day so sky sports can capitalize on a day of extreme viewership?

I hope one question lands this thread back on track

Into Hadjuk tonight blues ;)

Is there life outside our solar system
No one knows and it's the same with our transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back